What gun did you take the CHL course with? - Page 4

What gun did you take the CHL course with?

This is a discussion on What gun did you take the CHL course with? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by tony1990 P.S. I may be the only person at this site that likes and carry's a Bersa. You'd be wrong in assuming ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: What gun did you take the CHL course with?

Quote Originally Posted by tony1990 View Post
    P.S. I may be the only person at this site that likes and carry's a Bersa.
    You'd be wrong in assuming that because there are many Bersa fans on here. I often carry a Bersa Thunder 380. It's one of my favorite firearms.

Glock 19, had to fire 12 rounds I think.

Still carry it every day. At least until I buy a kahr CW9 so I have a smaller gun to carry during the summer. I qualified with it because I was very comfortable shooting it.

It was a brand new, out-of-the-box, never fired Glock 27, and I had never shot a Glock before that day. I did pretty well, considering that it was the very first time I shot a .40. It has been my EDC all along.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Ruger P-95 because I was comfortable shooting it. After I got my CHL I started carrying a Taurus Millenium PT-111 (9 mm). A couple of years later I would sometimes carry M95CH and/or M605.
    USN Retired

S&W Bodyguard 380 because I thought I would be carrying it. Then the S&W Shield came out and I sold the Bodyguard.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I borrowed a Colt 1911A1 from my instructor. I picked it because I had never fired a .45 before.

I qualified for the state permit with a Glock 19 because it was my service pistol, and I had plenty of ammo.

For my HR218 I qualify with the my Glock 23 (40S&W), and my S&W model 10 service revolver.

This year I plan to qualify with a Khar PM9, and a S&W model 60 revolver.

I qualified with a Glock 19. I seldom carry it anymore. I am always more likely to carry my Kahr PM9 than anything else because I can carry it in a pocket holster. If I am going to go bigger I will carry my CZ P-01 or my HK45c which are both the same size as the G19.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Back in the 80s I used a S&W 459, and a S&W model 66. I lost both of them in a house fire in 91. This time I'm going to use a Bersa 380 and a Model 10 S&W. In CA you can have up to 4 guns on your permit. I'm thinking Ill put on a pocket gun 32 acp baby browning,The Bersa, a J frame 38, and for shock value, a Dessert Eagle! That should turn some heads. DR

Don't have to here
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

Distinguished Member
    Qualified wtih my S&W sigma 9mm. It was the only gun I had. Sold it awhile ago, money put towards better guns. Still miss it sometimes.
    The stupidity of some people NEVER ceases to amaze me.

G19 AIWB

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    FNP-40. Both my wife and I qualified with it.

She carries it now, I switched to a Springfield Loaded Champion.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

In NC, qualification consists of firing fifty rounds of ammunition at a B-27 full size silhouette at a distance of 7 yards. 40 or more rounds are required to be in the 7 ring or better. Any caliber (22-44 mag.) can be used to qualify.

I could have used my .44 special snubby which was the only small carry self-defense pistol I had at the time, but 50 rounds of ammo for that is not exactly cheap. I was already looking at about $200 for the class and license which to me was a big dent in my budget already. I used my S&W 622 .22 pistol to qualify with, because I already had plenty of .22 ammo on hand and the gun is very accurate, easy and fun to shoot. I had 4 ten round magazine already loaded, so one magazine reload was all that was needed to complete my 50 shot requirement. I think it took me about 15 minutes to complete the qualification, in the door and back out again.

Ruger sr40c will be my edc when I get my ccl from Kansas. About 30 more days to go.

Main reason I got my CCL was so I could purchase a handgun, so I didn't own one at the time of my testing. I rented a .22-cal 1911 (can't remember brand) that was a POS that jammed every third round.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links