Wish Me Good Luck: I See The Hand Surgeon Tomorrow and WARNING (Again)!

This is a discussion on Wish Me Good Luck: I See The Hand Surgeon Tomorrow and WARNING (Again)! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cars The VA cancelled my appointment for the 2nd time this month, they said they'll notify me with a new appointment. cars ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Wish Me Good Luck: I See The Hand Surgeon Tomorrow and WARNING (Again)!

Quote Originally Posted by cars View Post
    The VA cancelled my appointment for the 2nd time this month, they said they'll notify me with a new appointment.

cars
    That's DISGUSTING! Start writing your congressperson and Senators - follow by calls - I've heard sometimes that will help. Anyone else you can complain to, do it. Try your state's hospital regulatory agencies if the handle Gov. hospitals, also your state health agency. Also maybe try a consult with an attorney versed in dealing with VA or other Gov agencies.

Best of luck, I can't tolerate this stuff happening to Vets! They should be treating you like kings.

2. Remove Ads

Detective, hoping the injection works for you. I am an OR nurse and I work at an outpatient hand surgery center. The CMC arthroplasty is a really interesting surgery and patients do seem to do really well once the initial recovery period is over. With bone on bone I think surgery is inevitable, unfortunately. I do hope the injections/splints/therapy buy you some time & bring you some relief.
    Since you are a Buffalo detective I have to ask if you knew Bob Grabowski or Johnny & Charlie Fiermusca? All were good friends of my dad's...

Quote Originally Posted by daddysgirl View Post
    Detective, hoping the injection works for you. I am an OR nurse and I work at an outpatient hand surgery center. The CMC arthroplasty is a really interesting surgery and patients do seem to do really well once the initial recovery period is over. With bone on bone I think surgery is inevitable, unfortunately. I do hope the injections/splints/therapy buy you some time & bring you some relief.
    Since you are a Buffalo detective I have to ask if you knew Bob Grabowski or Johnny & Charlie Fiermusca? All were good friends of my dad's...
    Thanks for the helpful advice and info.

I'm not a detective, just picked that name for one of my guns I really like: a 60s Colt Detective. That's as much as a detective as I've ever been ! Sorry for the misunderstanding. I can see now how you'd think that. Hope everyone doesn't...
    daddysgirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    That's DISGUSTING! Start writing your congressperson and Senators - follow by calls - I've heard sometimes that will help. Anyone else you can complain to, do it. Try your state's hospital regulatory agencies if the handle Gov. hospitals, also your state health agency. Also maybe try a consult with an attorney versed in dealing with VA or other Gov agencies.

Best of luck, I can't tolerate this stuff happening to Vets! They should be treating you like kings.

I did that a few years ago with an old injury that was service connected. I got a lot of supportive lip service but they don't really care. Its not worth the trouble. I figure there is a lot of young guys in the system now that need the services more than some old guy, I'm OK with that. I've been dealing with the VA since 1970, nothing they do surprises me anymore. There are some caring competent people at the VA but I think they are just overwhelmed these days. I had to have a procedure done yesterday and they were kind and professional. When they finally get around to doing my thumb I'm sure they'll do just as good a job as they did on the left one. They say it will be Jan. 2nd now, I hope they mean it this time. Thank you for caring.

cars
    Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Quote Originally Posted by cars View Post
    I did that a few years ago with an old injury that was service connected. I got a lot of supportive lip service but they don't really care. Its not worth the trouble. I figure there is a lot of young guys in the system now that need the services more than some old guy, I'm OK with that. I've been dealing with the VA since 1970, nothing they do surprises me anymore. There are some caring competent people at the VA but I think they are just overwhelmed these days. I had to have a procedure done yesterday and they were kind and professional. When they finally get around to doing my thumb I'm sure they'll do just as good a job as they did on the left one. They say it will be Jan. 2nd now, I hope they mean it this time. Thank you for caring.

cars
    There's lots of people who care about vets getting appropriate treatment for their service to the country. I admire you - and not just for that: you have a wonderful acceptance and level of compassion for all - even with your discomfort and for those who increase it by delaying your treatment - for whatever the reason. A great lesson for all of us and you are a great model!

Thank You
    "Detective"

Wish Me Good Luck: I See The Hand Surgeon Tomorrow and WARNING (Again)!

Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    Two bad we don't get 2 brains...
    I did, but the little one tends to get me in trouble. Although as I get older it seems to be less of a problem. (sad-face)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links