Texas CHL holder? Eventually? ....maybe?

This is a discussion on Texas CHL holder? Eventually? ....maybe? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well long story short, online where I can check the status of chl applications it has and still says online application received, waitin for mail ...

Thread: Texas CHL holder? Eventually? ....maybe?

Texas CHL holder? Eventually? ....maybe?

Well long story short, online where I can check the status of chl applications it has and still says online application received, waitin for mail of the rest of the required documents. Took the class in October, got my fingerprints done on nov. 5 and mailed in all the documents on I believe the 8th or 9th. Shouldn't they have received them by now? Do they just not update the online service much? Anybody else ever hear of this? Getting kinda nervous because I don't want to have to chase down my instructor to try to get a copy of my certificate. And I wanted I have my chl by Christmas break because I'm gonna be driving across the country, all in states that recognize Texas cc permit. It's almost at this point I won't be upset if I don't get it by Christmas break, I just be reassured when they get it. Any input would be appreciated. Anyone recently submit or Texas chl? What are the current turn arounds have been.

2. Remove Ads

Don't buy the Internet tracking... Mine was pending for weeks and then was suddenly was on its way to me. I think the total time was a month and a half or so... Don't fret.

Pending as in they said they received all the mailed in documents?

My CHL took 47 days mailbox to mailbox.

When you log on to the TXDPS site what specifically does it say for each line item?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

It doesn't have any items listed, just says online application received and waiting for mailed documents. Ill copy and past tomorrow

Texas is a may issue state. They take their sweet time about issuing your permit. In the run up to the election the number of applications increased. Had mine since June. Took every bit of 7 weeks. Good luck.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by velo99 View Post
    Texas is a may issue state. They take their sweet time about issuing your permit. In the run up to the election the number of applications increased. Had mine since June. Took every bit of 7 weeks. Good luck.
    Texas is a SHALL ISSUE state, not a may issue state.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    OP, first off, welcome to the forum. As to your question, considering we're already into Dec., I doubt you'll have your permit by the Christmas break, time to look at alternatives.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Don't sweat it. Takes up to three weeks to update their site that they received your documents. After that, there will be a raft of immediate updates. You will then sit on background check for about 2 weeks. After that it may say mailed or manufacturing and it's another 2 week wait until you receive it. Plan on a minimum of 6 weeks, closer to 7 weeks.

Welcome to the forum!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by Rthomas0904 View Post
    Pending as in they said they received all the mailed in documents?
    yes as in they received my documents but the point I was making is they are not good about updating that site. It worried me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Piratesailor View Post
    Don't sweat it. Takes up to three weeks to update their site that they received your documents. After that, there will be a raft of immediate updates. You will then sit on background check for about 2 weeks. After that it may say mailed or manufacturing and it's another 2 week wait until you receive it. Plan on a minimum of 6 weeks, closer to 7 weeks.
    That one puts me at ease a bit, thanks. And thanks for all the good welcomes. This seem alike a very informational forum that can help me avoid a lot of mistakes.

NMB
    7 weeks?

You lucky Texas boys, it took me probably 4-5 months for my New Mexico license to come in
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

Links