There is a map for that... Interactive CC states

This is a discussion on There is a map for that... Interactive CC states within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not sure if this has been posted before but this is a good visual resource for those that like to see what states honor your ...

Not sure if this has been posted before but this is a good visual resource for those that like to see what states honor your CC...

Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

NMB
    Wow my New Mexico permit has improved since 2010 when I got it!

Woohoo!
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

The other good site for building a map is: Handgunlaw.us : CCW Map
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

While such information found on the internet is a good place to start however you really need to check the actual laws in states you plan to enter with your weapon. Someone correct me if I heard wrong --- I had heard that one of the people that got arrested in New York City used an phone APP with misinformation as to carrying laws in that city.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Handgun law usa keeps track of up to the minute changes,IIRC the Guy that got busted in NYC misread the information that was supplied and even though it said his permit wasn't valid somehow he got it turned around
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    I had heard that one of the people that got arrested in New York City used an phone APP with misinformation as to carrying laws in that city.
    I don't know... I would need to see it for myself before I post something I heard... I have a couple of CC apps for my IPhone and it seems to update frequently... More than I would need. One of those apps provide driver directions around certain unfriendly counties when driving cross country or state to state...
    Doug;}
    RSO, WA. XDMc 9mm, S&W 642CT & 442 38 sp, 1947 Savage 99 300,
    1972 Marlin 336 RC .35, 1922 Walther Model 4, 1933 Walther DSM 34, High Standard 1954 22LR

I prefer to be judged by 12 then carried by 6

Senior Member Array Gary Slider's Avatar
    Crowman is 100% correct. Confirm anything you read on the internet. As for the guy in NY he used his phone and with the little screen couldn't see the whole document. He misread the info for this reason and you see what it cost him.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

Member Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network

And for your iPhone or Android, there is an app called "CCW". Very handy when on the move.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

There is also an app called Legal Heat, and it's free...updated each time you use it.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

RAL
    I don't trust Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry anymore. It's a great idea but I have found the information there is not kept up to date. I wish it were as I work best with visuals.
    I know Whose I am. I know where I'm going. I know the job I'm to do while I'm here. I am an ambassador. This is not my home.

Evil prospers when good people to do nothing. Please don't turn your back. ACT!

Quote Originally Posted by RAL View Post
    I don't trust Concealed Carry Permit Reciprocity Maps - USA Carry anymore. It's a great idea but I have found the information there is not kept up to date. I wish it were as I work best with visuals.
    Everything posted on the internet has to be taken with a grain of salt. This map is a good starting point if nothing else.

On that note, is Alabama still a May Issue state? It was lumped in with CA and NYC! Thought ya'll was GOB's down there in BammyLand!

I've seen it mentioned many places that AL, while a May Issue state, is essentially a Shall Issue.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

sdpof is correct. AL is May Issue by law but is Shall Issue in most instances. What I hear the most about AL Sheriffs is that some put "No Places that serve Alcohol" as a restriction on the ones they issue. I have not heard of them putting anything but that on as a restriction.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

They are also correct to confirm anything you read on the internet. That is why I try to put the Alpha/Numeric Code for the law that I quote. I also try to have all the major links that a state has explaining their Carry Laws. Again do double check anything you read on the net. If someone makes an error you are the one who is going to pay the price.
    Stay Safe,
    Gary Slider

Co-Owner Handgunlaw.us

I keep hearing that you must double check anything on the Internet. This applies to TV, Newspapers, Magazines, etc. It's not that the Internet is an error prone place since it is not a "Place" but it is many places. Check several sources if the information is very important such as CC as a non-resident.

As far as the guy that got in trouble in NYC, EVERYTHING I see on the Internet shows that NY does not recognize CC permits from ANYWHERE. That should not be too difficult to remember. As with several other states the answer is NO. The trouble started because the guy and later a female nurse flew into NYC and even though they were passing through to another state their locked weapon in the approved carrier case was insufficient for the ass-hats that run that sewer and they were arrested.

Links