Uncomfortable at school

This is a discussion on Uncomfortable at school within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I thought one of the Marine mantras was "improvise, adapt, overcome." Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools....

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Uncomfortable at school

I thought one of the Marine mantras was "improvise, adapt, overcome."

Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools.
    I'm gonna steal this.
    "Your mind is the weapon, all the rest are just tools." --gasmitty

Quote Originally Posted by s3lfmedicated View Post
    Call me nuts, but out of all the places I find myself during the week, my classroom is where I feel completely naked. With everything that has happened to this date I'll space off during class realizing theres nothing I can do if something were to go down, pretty lousy feeling.

Semper-Fi
    Were you a Marine?
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Re: Uncomfortable at school

Wasn't that Clint Eastwood that said that in "heartbreak ridge"

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

VIP Member
    This user name ---s3lfmedicated--- speaks volumes when followed by comments such as, " I'll space off during class."
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Call me nuts, but out of all the places I find myself during the week, my classroom is where I feel completely naked. With everything that has happened to this date I'll space off during class realizing theres nothing I can do if something were to go down, pretty lousy feeling.

Semper-Fi
    As has been stated, if you feel vulnerable the last thing you want to do is "space off". Situational awareness will keep your butt from finding it's way into the firing line. You can survive without being able to return fire, if you can spot the trouble coming first. Step up, and arm your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    This user name ---s3lfmedicated--- speaks volumes when followed by comments such as, " I'll space off during class."
    That explains a lot.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

A pothead marine, if he is a marine, is still a marine.

GH
    I'm paranoid enough that I know the only time I'll ever need a firearm is when I take my grandson to school. State law states that it's illegal to have a gun on school property & it's a felony if caught carrying. The same goes for our church which is attached to the school. The law holds whether school is in session or not.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Quote Originally Posted by Edward7 View Post
    A pothead marine, if he is a marine, is still a marine.
    I don't want to sidetrack the thread here but this brings to mind an old joke meant to poke some fun at the Marines:

Army Guy: Why did God give Marines one more brain cell than he gave horses?

Navy Guy: I don't know. Why?

Army Guy: So they don't take dumps in the street during parades.
    suntzu and tcox4freedom like this.

Have to say I find myself to be even more alert when I can't carry. I thought of going back to college but since I can't carry on campus I have decided against that idea. The college campus's are battle zones for ones physical safety. I don't want to hear it doesn't happen that often. One attack without a gun could be all it takes. Kent state, Akron U both. You see to many things in the paper and hear about even more things when you know people who go there. Not a safe place for a lady let alone a man. My daughter switched from campus to online for many of her classes because of this and she was going to a private Christian college. Parking lots in general are not safe no matter where you are.

You need to keep a clear head and be alert no matter where you are.
    Edward7 likes this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Apparently, the, ahem, marine has left the building...

But, in case he hasn't: Active Shooter Video Sorry, no Chuck Norris.

Or, this is also a good one and a bit shorter: Last Resort Still, no Chuck.

Sorry about the lack of Chuck Norris in these vids, as apparently, that's what the OP was hoping for.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    Have to say I find myself to be even more alert when I can't carry. I thought of going back to college but since I can't carry on campus I have decided against that idea. The college campus's are battle zones for ones physical safety. I don't want to hear it doesn't happen that often. One attack without a gun could be all it takes. Kent state, Akron U both. You see to many things in the paper and hear about even more things when you know people who go there. Not a safe place for a lady let alone a man. My daughter switched from campus to online for many of her classes because of this and she was going to a private Christian college. Parking lots in general are not safe no matter where you are.

You need to keep a clear head and be alert no matter where you are.
    Uh, what happened at Kent State... NO, you tell me... nobody else but minimal brat respond please...
    Hopyard likes this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

VIP Member
    Army Guy: So they don't take dumps in the street during parades.
    Hey when you gotta go you gotta go
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Semper-Fi
    Hey I completely understand man. I'm about to graduate in May (college) so I won't be in that situation much longer. But it really is a scary feeling knowing that no one is supposed to have as much as a pocket knife and if a BG came in with something he would be hard to stop.

Goose
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links