Uncomfortable at school - Page 4

Uncomfortable at school

This is a discussion on Uncomfortable at school within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Paymeister A year or so ago I saw posted here a video showing an Israeli instructor addressing a college class on what ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Uncomfortable at school

Re: Uncomfortable at school

Quote Originally Posted by Paymeister View Post
    A year or so ago I saw posted here a video showing an Israeli instructor addressing a college class on what to do if they heard shots in the hallway. The class, after his training, was surprisingly effective in dealing with the actor they had playing the bad guy.

Does anyone have a link for that video?

If the OP ever visits again, he might find it quite interesting (and I would like to watch it again).

Thanks! (and I *did* try searching but was unsuccessful)
    Post #27 in this topic. Links to that and another one.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I am not advocating breaking the law here but the words "concealed means concealed" come to mind.

You are right to be concerned about your personal safety on a college campus. My oldest escaped the NIU shooting in 2008 and now lives in Colorado and has his ccw permit.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Post #27 in this topic. Links to that and another one.
    Duh. Saw the link and thought it was a different video. Thank you very much for catching that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Seriously, you sound like you are describing a Junior High School and not a College or University. I think you are
    attaching too much meaning to whatever rule you are looking at and too much authority to your school. Bring a folder and pepper (if both are allowed by State Law) and keep that fact private. Or, transfer to a school for grown ups. (No insult to you
    or your school intended with that remark, just a fact. There are plenty of schools that treat students as the adult citizens they are, to the extent the law allows. Believe me, the Deans have better things to spend their time on then making a fuss about a key, or even pepper, used in a self defense incident.)
    Yeah it's kind of silly. No I'm not taking the rule too seriously it's been in the school news cause the area is pretty rough and especially the ones that live their want some kind of self-defense (pepper spray or something) but the school says no. I'm not saying I or anyone I know abides by the rules nor am I saying we don't, and I wouldn't encourage anyone to break the rules, I'm just saying no one is supposed to have a weapon technically. I'm not worried about it, come May I'll be done.

Goose
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links