Anyone ever carry a sig p250?

This is a discussion on Anyone ever carry a sig p250? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just bought my first handgun about a month ao, just before I took my chl class. It was, obviously, a sig p250. It was the ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stevew

Thread: Anyone ever carry a sig p250?

Anyone ever carry a sig p250?

Just bought my first handgun about a month ao, just before I took my chl class. It was, obviously, a sig p250. It was the compact model in .40sw. I think I may have made a mistake and "jumped the gun" (ha) on this impulse buy. It seems a bit big for a comfortable iwb carry. My old man carries a 1911 and honestly, I think it's be easier carrying a 1911 just because of the width of the sig 250. Its not the length or weight that bothers me at all, just the width. Next purchasing will probably be an lc9 in feb, I think that's the perfect size and still decent caliber/round capacity. It does boast a "concealed carry" edition title they say, but I just don't see it. It is dao which I like, spurless hammer. And it doesn't have a safety but has a longggg 6 lb trigger pull. I feel confident safely carrying it, just think its a tad big.

2. Remove Ads

Before you give up on it why not do some research and try a different holster. But don't let that stop you from getting a new gun.
    oneshot likes this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I had a P250 right after they were released and quickly found that it had a wicked propensity to jam. After an unsuccessful attempt by Sig to repair the gun, I sold it. Many had similar problems with the early 250's according to the blogs. Don't know if your gun is new or used.

Hopefully whatever was wrong with this platform has been corrected. Try it out rigorously before you are in a tight situation.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

NRA Patron Member

It's the newer design. I figured out there are two designs by buying a few of the old style magazines.... I was wondering why they were so cheap. I bought it new and I've only put about 500 rounds through, but have had 0 problems with it. That was two separate range days and I cleaned it meticulously between and even before the first time out. The gun itself i have no problem with, it was right for the money, this is just more looking if anyone's had problems carrying it

I carry a sig p250 in a crossbreed holster most of the time. I've had no problem with it. I've probably put 1,000 rounds through it and has never jammed or misfired. I love the gun. I'd like to carry my 2022 .40 but it's closer to full size and I do think the handle prints on my shirt. I almost gave up carrying anything but a pocket gun until I got the Crossbreed. You might want to try that. I do carry an lc9 also in my pocket as a backup or when I can't carry IWB. I like the lc9 too but I did have trouble with the mag dropping out after firing a couple rounds. I sent it back to Ruger and they fixed it. I haven't had the problem since. It's harder to get a gun out of you pocket quickly compared to IWB though for me.

I'd like to carry the lc9 in an iwb when I get it. I will look into the crossbreed though. Thanks

Re: Anyone ever carry a sig p250?

I have a P250 full size in 45 and a subcompact in 9 (how I bought them, I have Xchange kits as well) . No problems here. I prefer IBW but it is hard to find good holsters for them. I have ordered a crossbreed but still 3-4 weeks out I am afraid.

George
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

VIP Member
    My Nephew is maybe 5ft 6 or 7in. and weighs MAYBE 140-145, and carries a FS M&P .40
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

I have a P250c 9mm that is my daily carry, very easy to conceal IWB with most any shirt. I am 5'8", 175 lbs. Over 3000 rounds with no problem at all. My IWB holster is a Kholster and my OWB is a leather holster of my own design. I have a XD40sc also in a Kholster that is a little harder to conceal than the P250. You need a holster that will pull the pistol tight against your body, then it will disappear/\.

Distinguished Member
    I have no problem carrying a compact 9mm P250 in and outside the waistband holster during colder months. If you do not have a good belt designed for carrying a firearm, you will need to get one to support the weight and will keep the gun tight against the body. Also White Hat holsters has the best deal going right now on hybrid IWB holsters at $39.99 or so. A good holster and belt combo should make all the difference in the world carrying.
    "Where's the kaboom? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!" - Marvin the Martian

Sig Sauer P250 2Sum 9mm, P250c 9mm - Glock 23 - Springfield Armory Loaded .45, XD Service 9mm - Ruger LCP, LCR, Smith & Wesson 638

NRA Member

Links