National Assoc. of Realtors

This is a discussion on National Assoc. of Realtors within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As a follow up to this article I wrote last month about Realtor safety, http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/article3273.html , I have written this one, with information about how ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: National Assoc. of Realtors

National Assoc. of Realtors

As a follow up to this article I wrote last month about Realtor safety, http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/article3273.html, I have written this one, with information about how the National Assoc. of Realtors feels about my right to defend my life.
    http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/article3317.html

The NAR's stance on Realtors conceal carrying would be this:

"If confronted by a knife or gun, don’t resist and give him whatever he wants and wait for the opportunity to run.”

Give him whatever he wants??? The NAR is telling me to submit to being raped, submit to being tossed in my trunk or perhaps submit to having my throat slit, all in the name of being politically correct! I am very upset that is what their advice is to me in the face of evil wrong doing.

I wonder if this is the same advice they'd give their wives, their daughters, their Mothers? They should place higher value upon their agents in my opinion.

Member of the National Rifle Association's Board of Directors
    www.BuckeyeFirearms.org Buckeye Firearms Association Central OH Chair
    NRA Instructor/CCW Instructor/Realtor
    2009 NRA Sybil Ludington Women's Freedom Award Recipient

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    I wonder if this is the same advice they'd give their wives, their daughters, their Mothers?
    I fear it might actually be....

Stay safe, Linda.

Almost every article that I have read on this subject says that a woman should yell scream and fight, I know if I was a perp and a woman started yelling and fighting I would want to get away as fast as possible. The BG's like easy victims.

Senior Member Array older gunner's Avatar
    Linda,
    Keep up the good work. The NAR stance is about as good as telling someone to call 911 when being attacked. Or how about "carry a whistle?" They don't get it and never will. Just do your thing and protect yourself, and help others learn to use firearms so they can do the same.

Appeasement

It is remarkable that many people and groups, such as the realtor association, can still believe that the way to deal with criminals is to give them whatever they want without resistance. You would have thought that Chamberlain's dealings with Hitler at Munich would have debunked appeasement once and for all. Giving a criminal what he wants simply encourages him to take more - he has found an easy mark.

The way to deal with a criminal is to punish or kill him. That works.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda View Post
    "If confronted by a knife or gun, don’t resist and give him whatever he wants and wait for the opportunity to run.”

Give him whatever he wants???
    I should have my RE license in about a week. I know that will not follow this advise given by the NAR. I will, however, be happy to give my assailant what I feel he is asking for and what he deserves.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Linda, I fear that like falcon1 has stated,these people are in the,hardwired to the sheeple, mode. The husbands ARE telling their wives to submit to the wants of the BG's. I can hear it now,"don't fight,you'll only get hurt,give em what they want and they'll just go away". What's very sad is that not only do the husbands tell their wives this,the LEO's tell the ladies this also. The closest that I have ever come to a physical altercation with a LEO was over this same subject.

Do what you have to do to protect yourself,Linda. It's your responsibility. Nobody else will be their to save you.

Get equipped,get training,get tough,get resolve and if they come for you,you'll be ready. Good Luck. ---------

I forwarded the Buckeyfirearms link to a realtor friend of mine along with a message saying "Be careful out there" and his response was "Guns and selling houses don't mix!" I told him to tell that to the BG.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pogo2 View Post
    It is remarkable that many people and groups, such as the realtor association, can still believe that the way to deal with criminals is to give them whatever they want without resistance.
    Because they have failed to engage their brains.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Linda:

They're idiots and you're not. @!$#@'em.

don't give 'em what they want...give 'em what they asked far.
    3 well placed 230grain hollow points

stay safe. I know of more than one realtor that follows the "don't ask, don't tell" policy when it comes to their own safety

Quote Originally Posted by mrtca View Post
    Almost every article that I have read on this subject says that a woman should yell scream and fight, I know if I was a perp and a woman started yelling and fighting I would want to get away as fast as possible. The BG's like easy victims.
    I can guarantee you, I'll do a lot of screaming and yelling should the need arise:

"STOP. I FEAR FOR MY LIFE. DROP YOUR WEAPON OR I'LL SHOT!"

It would be the smart BG who heeds my words....quickly.... before I am forced to go "bang". I pray that day never happens, but should it, I will not hesitate.

Quote Originally Posted by jowgafist View Post
    I forwarded the Buckeyfirearms link to a realtor friend of mine along with a message saying "Be careful out there" and his response was "Guns and selling houses don't mix!" I told him to tell that to the BG.

Don't you just feel like sending him a stuffed Sheeple? Baaaaa! Maybe a whole flock!

BOO to them!

And good for you! You are doing the right thing so keep it up despite any resistance you may encounter. Have you thought of starting your own 2A SD Realtors group?
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

"guns and selling houses don't mix" I wish I Knew that before I started selling. I have only sold about 90million worth of real estate with a gun on my hip. Maybe I would have sold 100 without it? maybe I wouldnt have?(since I was on all but a handfull of times the only one who knew I had a gun) Maybe I would have been killed raped robbed or ? I dont think the smart person takes any more risk than they have to. I insure my vehicles and my home with a A+ rated insurance company, I insure my safety with a glock.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links