Concealment solved..now a whole new problem

This is a discussion on Concealment solved..now a whole new problem within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK...you convinced me I need a Tuckable holster for my LC9.... Know nothing about tuckables....need a good one for LC9..... No Kydex crap... Who's got ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Concealment solved..now a whole new problem

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

OK...you convinced me I need a Tuckable holster for my LC9....

Know nothing about tuckables....need a good one for LC9.....

No Kydex crap...

Who's got one...tell me about it .... thanks
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar

Re: Concealment solved..now a whole new problem

Change your thoughts about Kydex, the less you have to stuff in your pants the better.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    nedrgr21 and .45acpguy like this.
    Things gun forums have taught me:
    -Some people shoot guns other "run" them.
    -I don't dislike Glocks but often dislike Glock owners.
    -Open carry is to a handgun as bluetooth is to a cell phone!
    -Simple math can deliver posts per day... some gun forum members need to get out more!!!

I enhoyed my Crossbreed for the LC9 although the Milt Sparks VMII I use now for my Colt commander is much more comfortable IMO. Not sure if he makes one for that gun, check gunbroker.com
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    One thing about kydex is that it holds it shape. If you are at all concerned about keeping the trigger guard covered, a kydex or hybrid holster can be the way to go. A full leather holster will also soften up over time and this can cause issues with the leather getting into the trigger area and causing an AD when holstering. If I recall correctly, there was a thread on this forum where this happened to someone.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post

No Kydex crap...
    I would tell you about my super comfortable and concealing IWB holster, but it's kydex crap. A shame you don't even want to hear about it.
    aus71383 and sioux565 like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Where do you carry your gun?

What do you usually wear?

What makes you think kydex is crap?

Austin

I have looked at two tuckables I like for the LC9...one is Remora and the other is blackhawk....???????????
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

Austin...when I carry the LC9 inside waist I carry between 3:00 and 4:00 position in a "Sticky" holster. see photo..I like the gun up off the belt line as shown..Have never seen a Kydex design that allows this..they seem to all sit down to close to the belt line. Heard they make a lot of noise, tear up the finish on your gun and uncomfortable.

1sticky.jpg

VIP Member
    I'd tell you to get a MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters Concealed Handgun Holsters and Holster Parts & Accessories - White Hat because their kydex isn't "crap" and the holster is an awesome piece of equipment but if you believe that all kydex is "crap" you won't want to hear it.

MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

SNAFU........Problem solved for now...after spending all day looking at every known to mankind tuckable holster I have made a command decision. Ordered the Remora Tuckable for the LC9...will give me the options I desire for summer carry and maintain my GQ and 100 best dressed status with my buddies.

ATTENTION: This order stands until the next released improvement on tuckable holsters.

Thanks to all who contributed.......

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Austin...when I carry the LC9 inside waist I carry between 3:00 and 4:00 position in a "Sticky" holster. see photo..I like the gun up off the belt line as shown..Have never seen a Kydex design that allows this..they seem to all sit down to close to the belt line. Heard they make a lot of noise, tear up the finish on your gun and uncomfortable.

1sticky.jpg
    I see you like the gun high so that you can get a full grip to be able to draw - that is a good thing, but it does make concealment somewhat more difficult. Many kydex holsters are adjustable for height. Leather holsters can creak while you're walking around, but are pretty quiet to draw from - kydex holsters are silent unless you are drawing or reholstering. They don't tear up the finish on a gun any more than any other material. Leather holsters can get sand and grit in them - so can kydex. Not to mention finish wear on a carry gun....is character. If it was a $3000 custom I could see worrying about the finish - but on a cheaper gun it's just not an issue (for me).

As for comfort - you are carrying right on your hip bone from the looks of things. It is a good position to carry a gun. But anything made of metal strapped tightly to you there is going to cause some degree of discomfort. Further back will be in a more "meaty" area - and more comfortable, but harder to reach. Further forward will be in a "softer" area - more comfortable, easier to reach, but a little more difficult to conceal.

A tuckable holster is significantly slower to draw from - you might be surprised at how tight your stomach will try to hold on to your cover shirt.

Just some thoughts. I hope you find the perfect solution for you. I wouldn't rule out kydex - for a start.

Austin
    DontTreadOnI likes this.

VIP Member
    Contact John Jackson at the site listed below. He made me a holster for the LC9. High quality and durable, he makes other models in a tuckable version, should be able to do a LC9 tuckable.

IWB :: JacksonLeatherWork.com
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Rethink your kydex aversion. I have a Kahr P9 (same size as CW9). I have the Crossbreed Minituck for it. The manufacturer recommended the Supertuck for this gun but I think it's way too big for this weapon and entirely unnecessary. I just spent several hours mountain biking and after 5 minutes I could not feel the gun at all. Not just "ok", but literally could not feel it. Through the whole experience it was comfortable, safely holstered, and the horsehide backing against my body was invisible.

The kydex is invisible and doesn't touch my skin. I also have a kydex OWB but I think it's ugly. I only got it for function purposes for a weekend class. I'm planning on getting a shiny 1911 and I'll definitely get a quality leather OWB holster for it. But that's because I'm a total snob :) and not because of the function. Kydex is awesome stuff.

nwbackpacker...You may be right..what I know about kydex holsters is not from personal experience but from what friends who have had them stated about them. for OWB with my LC9 I have a beautiful Mitch Rosen holster and in the colder months it is my preferred method of carry as I can wear a jacket and don't have to jerk up a shirt to access my weapon (just sweep back coat. My problem is summer time carry and having to dress "neatly" as I am a business owner and can't really walk around all day with shirt tails out.

I am like you...have never seen a kydex setup that was not kind of ugly to my eye..and yes no one sees it so what does that matter....Also I like the handle of the weapon at least an inch or more above my belt line when I carry inside waistband. I like a full finger wrap around the handle on extraction without fumbling with thumb inside belt line to extract the weapon. The other thing that concerns me is that the Kydex IWB holders don't cover the entire weapon and I can see where you may damage front sights if you're not careful.

Truth be told I have ordered a Fobus Standard Holster RH Paddle KT2G OWB for my Ruger LCP and it is Kydex so I will find out first hand about Kydex.

I just really needed a comfortable IWB for the LC9 that would allow the gun position I like and allow me to tuck in shirts when I have to..so I opted for the Remora Tuckable and hope it will resolve my issues....I already carry the LC9 IWB with a "Sticky" brand holster and love the fit and feel of it.

Who knows...as I said, I have more holsters than underwear....and that train has not arrived at the station yet...............

Thanks

To me the Fobus is the low end of Kydex, I wouldn't judge other kydex based on it. I have one and never liked it enough to leave the house with it. I always use a Safariland kydex for my M&Ps and a Theis for my 4003.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links