Our Permits got Approved!

Our Permits got Approved!

This is a discussion on Our Permits got Approved! within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Denver approved my and my wife's permits! They even did it earlier than the 90 days they had to do it. 68 days from the ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Darrow75
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 1 Post By HardBall

Thread: Our Permits got Approved!

Thumbs up Our Permits got Approved!

Denver approved my and my wife's permits! They even did it earlier than the 90 days they had to do it.

68 days from the application date for me and 57 for my wife. I can't believe Denver didn't drag their feet longer considering they made us wait six and seven weeks respectively to even go in and fill out the application. I was expecting to have to wait the full 90 days for each of us.

I am out of town all week and my wife is busy at work all week so we will be going in to pick up our permits on Saturday.

Now I have to give my wife one of her Christmas presents early since she doesn't have another holster for her G26. I hopes he likes the Remora I got her!
    Curzyk likes this.

Post your Walmart pics. Congrats. ....... it will feel even better when you have them in your hands.

Be careful..... Be safe.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Congrats! I get a little envious when I hear about turn-arounds within 48 hours, since it takes 90 days here in SC. I think it was bumped up to 100 days, but can't confirm.

Edit: Just remember, getting the permit is only half the battle! Now one must accept all the responsibility that comes with it.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    Here in Massachusetts the state law is that permits shall be issued within 45 days. However, I know of many new licensees that are experiencing 9-10 week waits. I think GOAL (Gun Owners Action League) here in Mass. is preparing a suit to force the state to comply with its own laws. A friend who is a retired police chief has a son that applied in another county and the wait was over 9 weeks even after he called the local police chief to try to expedite it. It's really a shame.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c
    Favorite Firearm: 1968 SW .357 Revolver

Good for you guys. Congrats. Enjoy and be Safe.
    Never challenge an old man, because if you lose, you’ve lost to an old man, and if you win, so what?

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    I don't know how things are in Colorado and Denver specifically but I have heard of some permit locations in other states being open only Monday - Friday. You may wish to call them to make sure you can pick them up on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    I don't know how things are in Colorado and Denver specifically but I have heard of some permit locations in other states being open only Monday - Friday. You may wish to call them to make sure you can pick them up on Saturday.
    I asked my wife the same thing. She told me the letter said we could pick them up anytime between 8-5 365 days a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
    To me, this is just BS. First, to have to wait such a long time for the permits to begin with. There's no excuse for that beauracracy.

And then...why cant they mail them? They mail them here.
    Fortune favors the bold.

Freedom doesn't mean safe, it means free.

The thing about "defense" is that it has practically nothing to do with guns. (As passed on by CCW9MM)

Law is 40 days in MA.

Congrats, put some time in at the range so you can get familiar with the guns. Be safe out there.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by HardBall View Post
    Congrats, put some time in at the range so you can get familiar with the guns. Be safe out there.
    Thanks. I try to get to the range every other week if I can. I also do some dry practice every few days. Mostly to practice drawing. We are in the middle of some home improvement stuff getting our houe ready to try and sell so we can move to Florida but once all that business settles down a bit I really want to do some sort of multi-day defensive handgun course. Hopefully by springtime.

Congrats to both of you. Now practice all you can and then practice some more. Take extra classes if you can afford them. We have a great responsibility deciding to carry.

It can depend on where you live. In Ohio you turn in your paper work and wait, for me it was 6 or 7 days. You have to go in and get the permit, they can't mail it to you, because they take your pic right then and put it on your permit.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Congrats! I get a little envious when I hear about turn-arounds within 48 hours, since it takes 90 days here in SC. I think it was bumped up to 100 days, but can't confirm.

Edit: Just remember, getting the permit is only half the battle! Now one must accept all the responsibility that comes with it.
    Congrats to both of you. blitzburgh is right, this is just the beginning of your journey.

VIP Member
    Congrats on the permits.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links