Anyone used Gun-Kote spray on finish on their CCW?

This is a discussion on Anyone used Gun-Kote spray on finish on their CCW? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was trying to find a small .380 for my pocket with a stainless steel finish, but alas I was only able to get it ...

Thread: Anyone used Gun-Kote spray on finish on their CCW?

I was trying to find a small .380 for my pocket with a stainless steel finish, but alas I was only able to get it in a blued finish. I have actually rusted a blued finish in only a few hours with my sweat. So I thought about using Gun-Kote spray on bake finish to fight corrosion. Has anyone used this before? How easy is it to apply and how did you do it?

I have no Gun-Kote experience, but I had a finish problem on my Kimber 1911. After a year of debating with myself I finally
    ordered some Cerakote from brownells. Very happy with the outcome,( it does not look professional, but pretty good for a first time amature) plus it forced me to learn a little more about the Kimber.

Did you apply it to the outside of the slide only or to the inside of the slide as well? I was wondering how to do this without causing any marks to the new finish.

complete disassembly and cleaning, the only part not cerakoated is the barrel. check the cerakote web sight. lots of information and you can always have a pro do it for you., I was leaning that way then I thought why not try it myself. I think you'll be happy either way.

Sponsored Links