Adding Tact To Your Training - Page 3

Adding Tact To Your Training

This is a discussion on Adding Tact To Your Training within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Thunder71 Yeah, I am trying to put myself in the position mentally and keep coming up with 'Oops, sorry I do have ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Adding Tact To Your Training

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder71 View Post
    Yeah, I am trying to put myself in the position mentally and keep coming up with 'Oops, sorry I do have a permit to carry that' and continue about my business.

In reality I'd probably say something like "Oops, permit! I do have a sorry you too!"
    I am willing to bet I could mix those words up even worse that that!.
    Civil_Response likes this.

VIP Member
    I don't know if this is good or bad but I kind of quit caring about being made years ago.

I get made by little old ladies at church twice a month when they hug my gun.

I get made wearing just a T shirt over my OWB rig on a windy day.

Most of the time when somebody I know figures it out I just give them a wink and that is it. People know I'm not an butthole and a wink is usually all it takes.

On the occasion when someone I don't know makes me or if I'm OCing I usually make a joke about it. One of my normal lines is "It's OK, I'm with the Government and I'm here to help.". People almost always chuckle and drive on.

mkh
    If you carry you are going to get made sometIme. You may not know it as they may not respond out loud but you will still get made.

What witty answer you have doesn't really matter. Do not slink or run away like you did something wrong. Acting guilty of something doesn't do any of us any good. You did nothing wrong so act like nothing is wrong.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborigine View Post
    Another phrase that comes to mind is, "it's OK, I'm one of the good guys". ...
    Thanks - I may use this when the need arises. It helps that I look like Santa Claus.
    atctimmy likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links