Carrying your permit??

This is a discussion on Carrying your permit?? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; one in the wallet and a duplicate in the truck. I also have a hi-res photo of the front & back (both DL and CWP) ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Carrying your permit??

Distinguished Member
    one in the wallet and a duplicate in the truck.
    I also have a hi-res photo of the front & back (both DL and CWP) in my BlackBerry.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

2. Remove Ads

When I get dressed in the morning I have everything on my person that I need for the day except outdoor weather gear and car/house keys.
    As far as CCW permit goes I have one behind my driver's license in my wallet and a laminated copy in the security pocket of my SmartCarry holster.
    I am never without anything I may need during the day.

Bobo
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other"
    ~John Adams

I'm fairly new to having my CHP. I keep my permit in the wallet behind my DL....and I never leave home without my wallet. When I get up and throw a pair a jeans on, it goes in the back pocket immediately. It's more of a routine than anything else. If I do, for some odd reason, forget; I usually don't get as far as the kitchen before I go back to grab it. Here it would be a legal issue of the permit was left at home while carrying. It is clearly stated in statute.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Missouri Revised Statutes, Chapter 571, Weapons Offenses, Section 571.121, August 28, 2012

In part: " Any person issued a concealed carry endorsement pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 shall carry the concealed carry endorsement at all times the person is carrying a concealed firearm and shall display the concealed carry endorsement upon the request of any peace officer. Failure to comply with this subsection shall not be a criminal offense but the concealed carry endorsement holder may be issued a citation for an amount not to exceed thirty-five dollars."

Full Section
    Section 571-121 Duty to carry and display endorsement,
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

In most places, CC without a permit on your person is like driving without your license.

On a good day you may get a ticket and fine; on a bad day, your gun confiscated and you get charged and hauled to jail and later have to sort it out in front of a judge.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Flight Surgeon, USAF
    Law Enforcement Tactical Surgeon

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    Missouri Revised Statutes, Chapter 571, Weapons Offenses, Section 571.121, August 28, 2012

In part: " Any person issued a concealed carry endorsement pursuant to sections 571.101 to 571.121 shall carry the concealed carry endorsement at all times the person is carrying a concealed firearm and shall display the concealed carry endorsement upon the request of any peace officer. Failure to comply with this subsection shall not be a criminal offense but the concealed carry endorsement holder may be issued a citation for an amount not to exceed thirty-five dollars."

Full Section
    Section 571-121 Duty to carry and display endorsement,
    Thank you for the Missouri specific wording!

Also took a picture of mine & buried it in a folder on my phone just in case something weird happens. Might not be the perfect solution but its verifiable by leo via the number.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Must say I have left home with my CC and not have the CCL. Just sayin'.
    BA
    Kahr CM9, Beretta PX4 SC .40, Ruger LCP/LM, Dan Wesson .357, Beretta 21A .22, Four Aces .22, H&R .22, Marlin .22 rifle and Remington 12 gauge.

In Wisconsin, no license needed to carry on private property. As far as carrying without your license on you, you have 48 hours to produce it, meaning technically you don't have to carry it on your person. HOWEVER, I strongly doubt you would be retaining your weapon if you didn't have your license on you and Milwaukee and several other police departments have proven that once they have your weapon for ANY reason you Will Not Get It Back even if you take them to court.

I can think of two occasions where I didn't have my license with me while carrying. One was while riding my bike and the other was when in my canoe where I had left it in my car and realized later that I didn't have it with me.
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    In NC you don't need anything at home...you can do whatever you wish at home...Now if you go out and for any reason (license check or anything else) and get caught with the weapon on you without your permit you are in deep doodoo here in NC.
    Very true. I keep my EDC gun and my wallet together when I'm at home. When I leave, for any reason, my wallet goes in my pants first, then the gun. No exceptions.

I don't need my permit to carry on my property, but I just make sure I have my wallet anyway. There have been a few times where I left my wallet in my car while carrying in town, but I pretty much always catch myself halfway through the parking lot and run back to the car.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

Quote Originally Posted by velo99 View Post
    Also took a picture of mine & buried it in a folder on my phone just in case something weird happens. Might not be the perfect solution but its verifiable by leo via the number.
    That's a good idea. I would add a photo id if your permit doesn't have a photo on it.

Well, knock on wood, it is just something I don't forget to bring with me.

VIP Member
    Not sure about where you live, but OH is an OC state. Don't need a permit to OC and don't have to have your DL on you to OC either. While I don't normally OC, I would get out of the car (OC in a car in OH is considered CC) and have my wife go home and get my wallet. If I am out by myself, I would remove the gun, unload it, store it in a compartment in the back of my truck and go home to get the permit.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Carrying your permit??

I don't think any of us plan on leaving our permits/wallet at home but nobody's perfect. It's like my cell phone, if I forget it then I go back and get it as soon as I realize. I don't think it's a huge deal here in Texas if you happen to forget it but its been awhile since I heard what the instructor said on that subject.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links