A different perspective on concealed carry

This is a discussion on A different perspective on concealed carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This was posted on Facebook by a 911 dispatcher from my area. A Facebook friend posted a transcript of that pro-gun-ban speech from the football ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 7 Post By AVGuy

Thread: A different perspective on concealed carry

This was posted on Facebook by a 911 dispatcher from my area.

A Facebook friend posted a transcript of that pro-gun-ban speech from the football game last night... I posted a comment, which has turned out to be the ONLY comment (and normally she'll get about 10-15 comments on a status).

Guess I made my point- the truth hurts!!! Or else maybe she just doesn't want to piss off the chick with the gun bwahahaha!!!

"I carry a firearm every day because I take 911 calls all night long from people who have been attacked, beaten, or raped because they were unable to defend themselves. I am 5'4, 125 lbs., I drive a decent car. and I am a target. I carry because I am unwilling to be a victim, and I deal with victims every day at work.

I know I would much rather take a hundred calls where the woman says 'A man grabbed me, threw me to the ground, said he was going to rape me, and I shot him' than one single call from a woman screaming and sobbing that she's been raped and couldn't stop him. On a good night, the police are 3-5 minutes away from your house if you live in the city, and up to 30 minutes away in the county.

I will never be a victim of sexual abuse EVER AGAIN. If someone breaks into my house, I will be able to defend myself. Bad people are out there. They have no regard for laws. They will have weapons whether they are legal or not."

Ladies, you are responsible for your own safety. Not your boyfriend, husband, brother, friend, cousin, or police. Be proactive and be prepared.

This woman clearly gets it. So would everybody else if they spent just one day doing her job. And for what it's worth, I take my hat off to her and all 911 dispatchers. They are just as important to the process of solving crime (and stopping it when they can) as the LEO's on the street are.

That's pretty powerful...
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AVGuy View Post
    This was posted on Facebook by a 911 dispatcher from my area.
    I can almost read the headlines now "Dispatcher fired over pro-gun statements"

Hope I'm wrong, but it would not surprise me.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar

Re: A different perspective on concealed carry

I know a 911 operator, she feels the same way but she doesn't carry.

Tapatalk - Helping people post from bathrooms since 2009.

an extremely well written post.. insightful and truthful without getting argumentative. Well said.

Smart Lady..............

Sponsored Links