Double standard or do as I say not as I do...

This is a discussion on Double standard or do as I say not as I do... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So it seems that in IL they don't want us carrying handguns but it is OK for the State Senators to do so...at least until ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Double standard or do as I say not as I do...

So it seems that in IL they don't want us carrying handguns but it is OK for the State Senators to do so...at least until they try to board a plane......

Senator Donne Trotter, Gun Control Advocate,... | Gather

You don't understand..... He's an enlightened intellectual progressive who knows what's best for us, the ignorant unwashed. He needs a gun to protect himself from us but if we had a gun we would go on a killing spree because the waiter got our order wrong.
    Last edited by ep1953; December 7th, 2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: spelling
    PatAz likes this.

Someone on another post commented that he probably wouldn't do any jail time because he is a State Senator. Now that may or may not be true bit I think that is an unfair representation of politics in Illinois. As a former resident and Illinois native, I can tell you that we regularly invite our politicians to serve an additional term...in prison.

As screwy as politics are in Illinois, maybe it would make sense to adopt this practice nationally.

Lets say a two term limit. One in office and the next in prison.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    Someone on another post commented that he probably wouldn't do any jail time because he is a State Senator. Now that may or may not be true bit I think that is an unfair representation of politics in Illinois. As a former resident and Illinois native, I can tell you that we regularly invite our politicians to serve an additional term...in prison.

As screwy as politics are in Illinois, maybe it would make sense to adopt this practice nationally.

Most politicians, regardless of party need more than one term.........behind bars.
    Darrow75 and Billb1960 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Amen.

Make it so.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I have the sense that politicians in Illinois have an aire. "I'm above the law". My reference points. Current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, the former governor, now this joker.
    Billb1960 likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Mark Twain said "Politicians & diapers need to be changed regularly...for exactly the same reasons." They are wiser, more responsible, more insightful & more valuable than we are. That's why they have their own medical plan, their own retirement plan & can vote themselves a raise! Folks, let's be realistic. Why ELSE would someone spend MILLIONS of dollars of their OWN money to run for an office that pays...$127K a year?!?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Just think, his salary as a state senator is $68,000 and he works as a part time security guard? I wonder if he drew his $132 per day per diem while he spent the day being arrested and the night in jail.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

It gets worse for him, his gun was not "registered" either.

State Sen. Trotter's Gun Not Registered, Prosecutors Say - DNAinfo.com Chicago

And it's a .25, he's safe from Kindergartener attacks I guess.

And he IS still running.

Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    I have the sense that politicians in Illinois have an aire. "I'm above the law". My reference points. Current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, the former governor, now this joker.
    Yes but they are not. We keep sending them to prison. Ole' Blago is the fourth Illinois governor sent to prison...one of the. Was even are Republican! What?! A corrupt Republican?! Say it ain't so! If there is any bipartisanship left in this country, it is politicaical corruption.

Let's not fool ourselves into the thought that either party is out for anything other than their own their own interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post

Yes you often send them to Wisconsin to do their time. They never get locked up until they step on the wrong toes. It is not the crime that gets them . It is forgetting who runs the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    Yes you often send them to Wisconsin to do their time. They never get locked up until they step on the wrong toes. It is not the crime that gets them . It is forgetting who runs the show.
    True. Springfield may be where the Governor lives but Chicago is where the King Makers are and always will be. Why else would Rahm Emanuel step down from being Chief of Staff to the President of the United States to run for Mayor of Chicago once Daley announced he was done?

Starz has a pretty fascinating show called "Boss" where Kelsey Grammer plays the Mayor of Chicago. Lets just say corruption and the extreme application of political influence are major themes of the show.

Yep, a wise ol' politico once told me there are three places to best learn bare-knuckle politics; the parishes in Louisiana, the courthouses in Kentucky & the ward/precincts of Chicago. IMHO, the worst of politics is practiced on...BOTH sides of the isle.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links