Motorcycling and CC

This is a discussion on Motorcycling and CC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 2012 Kawasaki Nomad 1700. Most of the time it's a Taurus TCP 738 in my pocket. Not cuz it's my preferred carry. Cuz it's too ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Motorcycling and CC

2012 Kawasaki Nomad 1700. Most of the time it's a Taurus TCP 738 in my pocket. Not cuz it's my preferred carry. Cuz it's too hot in Florida most of the year to wear my jacket. I really got to get a vest! When I wear a jacket and I know it's not coming off, it's a Glock 26 in an MTAC.
    Question Everything!

2. Remove Ads

Ride a 2008 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic that I ordered from Harley (Peace Officer Special Edition), with over 50K miles on it now, and carry always. Kimber Ultra Raptor in a Desantis Speed Scabbard on right hip or in a jackass shoulder rig with two spare mags under other arm. Also carry a Kimber Solo Carry 9mm in right front pocket, with a spare mag in left rear pocket. Ride safe/Be safe.
    sioux565 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MASSIVE View Post
    One of many reasons I'm looking for that 'perfect vest' is the rare occasion that my shirt is blowing around in the wind. It doesn't happen much - I'm on a touring saddle with a medium-rise passenger pad. Plus, there's a big pizza box behind me.

Assuming you're on a more "exposed" saddle, it's something to consider. I just can't keep it at 1 o'clock when I'm riding... But if you're usually in reasonably 'loose fit' stuff, maybe a tuckable holster or a vest would be a thought.
    I bought some off brand vest at a motorcycle rally over the summer. To my surprise, the two inside pockets were huge! I'm not sure if I would want to stuff my G27 in one, but my LCP fits perfectly inside.
    MASSIVE and Arborigine like this.

'99 Yamaha Vmax 1200 (for when I feel the need for speed) or my Yamaha Morphous Scooter (for commuting and just plain fun) while having my Taurus PT709 in either the fanny pack (Spring, Summer or Fall) or right side hip under the leather jacket in the winter (ok, that lasts about four weeks in Austin).

Always carry concealed. No need in giving away any advantage to the BGs.

393.jpg 143.jpg
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Quote Originally Posted by sioux565 View Post
    I wanted to make this thread to see how many people on here carry while riding their motorcycle. I got my first Harley 4 years ago for my 18th birthday present and have put more miles on it the past 4 years than I have in my car. Aside from these next 4 months when the bike is parked, it is my every day vehicle.

I'd like to hear what you guys ride, what you carry when you ride, and how you carry it. With only carrying the past two months, I didn't have much time to get comfortable carrying on my bike. This was mainly due to the fact that I've been going though my trials with different holsters. I'll really be curious to see how you are carrying while riding.

Safe riding!
    I have ridden street for 24 years, carrying for 18 years. Colder weather, a shoulder holster with a sweat shirt or jacket over it, or cold and warmer weather an IWB. There are many IWB holsters that allow you to tuck in you shirt, so the wind won't blow it up and expose your gun.

I personally would recommend the LC9 or a Sig 239 (my personal carry choice 90% of the time now), or a 1911, carried in a Inside the Waist Band (IWB) holster, all thin guns. But using an IWB holster with a T-Shirt will easily conceal a larger gun. I guess what I'm saying is that if you find a pistol/ revolver you like and shoot well, you can carry it regardless of size (with in reason) if you use the right methods. Of course as other have said a vest or jacket with an inside pocket works good too.

IMG_1003 - Copy.JPG
    My heroes are Veterans and My Father (who was a veteran).

I believe prayer and the Pledge of Allegiance should have REMAINED in schools, and the Ten Commandments should have REMAINED in schools, courthouses, and everywhere else it was before the ACLU got involved.

Re: Motorcycling and CC

With OC legal in WI, I do not worry about my shirt flapping around and exposing my gun. Most drivers have a hard time seeing motorcycles to begin with, so I doubt that they'll even see you carrying.

Remember that the throttle is on the right on a bike, and that precludes drawing while trying yo get away.
    My friend and I have a belly band. The belly band is ambex so we carry left hand draw while riding.
    We both practice with either hand....

Quote Originally Posted by mastercapt View Post
    Remember that the throttle is on the right on a bike, and that precludes drawing while trying yo get away.
    My friend and I have a belly band. The belly band is ambex so we carry left hand draw while riding.
    Finally! An advantage to being left handed!

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mastercapt View Post
    Long ago many Motor Officers preferred the Indian over the Harley as it had a left-hand throttle. Bikes were slower then, but Harley, not so much lol
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I ride a V-rod, and I carry the same riding or not. Usually the XDm9c in Galco King Tuk IWB, or once in awhile the TCP in Remora in my front pants pocket. Printing while riding is not an issue for me because I always wear a jacket (mesh when it's hot). Besides, in MN & WI where I mostly ride, open carry or printing is not illegal.
    Ride safe!

VIP Member
    DSC_0015.jpg
    no bags on my Fatboy, so I have to plan to keep thing on my person.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I usually wear a shoulder rig when riding if I am wearing a jacket. If not, I have rigged up a holster in the hard bag and holster onto my side when I dismount. My Victory Vision has lockable hard trunks and side compartments.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I went down in a low side crash when a bicycle cut in front of me. Forgot all about my J-frame, which stayed right where it was supposed to IWB even as I was sliding down the street and had a shoe come off. Emergency folks put me on a backboard and in the ambulance. A deputy friend of mine came in and took my info for the report and got out. The EMT lady was checking everything, pulled up my shirt, saw my gun and kind of freaked out. She called the deputy back in who made it safe and put it away for later. I apologized to her and said I forgot all about my weapon. She said that's ok, she just didn't like surprises. Helmet and jacket protected my upper half, but my jeans were shredded and I had some road rash.

HD trike. Carry a Taurus 740 slim in a high ride pancake OWB holster.

VIP Member
    I have three Harleys ride whenever I am home rain or shine, warm or cold.

Whatever I carry it is in an AIWB holster. It is close, secure, don't have to worry about my vest/jacket or whatever riding up and when dressed for winter riding it is still accessible.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links