Motorcycling and CC

This is a discussion on Motorcycling and CC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wet sponge ???...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Motorcycling and CC

Wet sponge ???
    "Be not ye afraid of them: remember the LORD, which is great and terrible, and fight for your brethren, your sons, and your daughters, your wives, and your houses." Nehemiah 4:14

2. Remove Ads

MasterGuns likes this.

Awsome pic, love the mount,(and the bling)
    2005 Goldwing 1800. Always carry

This is real it is from HD. and is a modern day bike not a WW2 . I wonder how many states the hard case would be legal in

Ride a 85 Goldwing LTD and a 86 Intruder. Do about 40,000 a year on the wing. Its my primary transportation until there is snow and ice on the road. At present pt 945 in a leather shoulder holster. Normally carry two riding or not, normally a 9mm compact of one kind or another either iwb or in a vest as back up to either a 45 or 357 in shoulder holster. I always have at least the vest on so no worries about flying shirts etc.

I know this is old but, Smitty901, your head was under the bike? WOW! I have seen some bad motorcycle accidents, I'm glad you're okay!
    Always Carry, Never Tell. Stay Safe. EDC .40 S&W, BUG .380 ACP, HD .40 S&W , 5.56 and 12GA, Range Toys .357Mag , .22LR

Quote Originally Posted by DooSPX View Post
    I know this is old but, Smitty901, your head was under the bike? WOW! I have seen some bad motorcycle accidents, I'm glad you're okay!
    Than you, healed up good and back at it to much snow to ride now. Ribs healed up Clavicle is ok shoulder still healing but not stopping me from anything.
    I can't complain for my age it pays to be in shape. Got couple 1000 miles on the new one before we got to deep in snow.
    I shoot the rifles left hand for now.

Always carry when outside of immediate area

I ride a 2011 Ultra Limited H-D and carry either an LCR .357 or Ruger SR-9 in a jogger's pouch that is worn on the chest. Gun is immediately available if there's a need. Living in WA, I had to find a sheriff in Oregon who would issue me a carry permit from Oregon as a lot of my riding is there. Took a couple of trips but am permitted in WA and in OR and hold a non-resident Utah permit. If I'm just riding near the house, I'll often have a Walther PP or P-64 in a slide holster IWB middle back...I always wear a jacket when riding so the concealment doesn't have to be anything fancy. But for road trips, the jogger's pouch is the best I've used. Front pocket can be used to carry wallet and keys. The .357 is great and weighs less than the SR-9 with 17+1 rounds...of course, the LCR is a five banger wheel gun, but you're not supposed to need more than one round per bad guy right? And bad guys always come in groups of five or less...right?

Senior Member Array jblives2ride's Avatar
    I'm an MSF instructor and ride my 2008 Ultra more than I drive my truck summer a P238, P938, or colt defender IWB (crossbreed super tuck) at 3:00 with long tee and a jacket. Winter what ever guns suits my fancy either usually IWB
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God,
    And die to find out there isn't, than live my life
    As if there isn't, and die to find out there is.
    God Bless

I had the same question for a couple of motorcycle forums I participate in:
    Who is packing heat (carrying a pistol) and why?
    POLL: Do you carry a concealed gun?

I ride a Yamaha V Star 650 in all but the coldest wether. I carry just the same as I do normally do, M&P 9c OWB 3:30 concealed by safety jacket summer and winter, even though open carry is legal here. Mesh jacket has flow through air for summer and zip in liner for winter. I never leave home without it. When will I ever need my friends Smith & Wesson? I dunno.
    Yamaha V Star 650.jpg
    "Do not go to stupid places with stupid people to do stupid things at stupid times. - Gabe Suarez

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    This is real it is from HD. and is a modern day bike not a WW2 . I wonder how many states the hard case would be legal in
    I am servicing the ATV in the shop and was considering making mounts for the rifle case on my ST1100. I wonder what the CHP would have to say?
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I carried last year on my VTX 1800. The LCP worked fine in the wallet holster in my back pocket. This year haven't decided how I'll carry the .38 or .357 Rugers. Not really a vest guy and don't wear my shirts outside my pants so something will have to give soon.

Here's my carry setup. People no longer hog the left lane in front of me.

483718_10151285040920356_646718956_n.jpg

2012 Ultra Classic: Summer Leather vest Left inside pocket. Winter shoulder holster. Summer Kimber 1911 Ultra Winter Taurus PT 145.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links