Motorcycling and CC

This is a discussion on Motorcycling and CC within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I wanted to make this thread to see how many people on here carry while riding their motorcycle. I got my first Harley 4 years ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Motorcycling and CC

Motorcycling and CC

I wanted to make this thread to see how many people on here carry while riding their motorcycle. I got my first Harley 4 years ago for my 18th birthday present and have put more miles on it the past 4 years than I have in my car. Aside from these next 4 months when the bike is parked, it is my every day vehicle.

I'd like to hear what you guys ride, what you carry when you ride, and how you carry it. With only carrying the past two months, I didn't have much time to get comfortable carrying on my bike. This was mainly due to the fact that I've been going though my trials with different holsters. I'll really be curious to see how you are carrying while riding.

Safe riding!

2. Remove Ads

2011 Ultra Limited, and it depends on the weather and what I'm wearing.
    Cooler months I go with the 3" 1911 IWB b/c I'm wearing a jacket.
    Summer months its usually a lightweight J-frame or Glock 26 appendix carry b/c I'm in a T-shirt.
    Pain is weakness leaving the body

I ride a 250cc bike and carry the same riding as not riding. Either a J-frame IWB or LC9 IWB. Though with my winter gear on it would take some effort to get to my weapon.

I ride a 96 FB and a RGU touring bike. I carry IWB tuck most of the time left side right draw. I have no intention of ever trying to draw while moving. I do some times carry the larger auto in a left side chest or in a vest pocket.
    August 30 I was carrying my SR9C left side chest under a shirt and jacket. I saw a big Doe and decide it was Deer hunting time and took it down dead center at 60mph with a 900 lbs RGU bullet. When it was all over the Deer was dead So I guess I won. My SR9C was some how laying next to my head That was under the bike.
    Some thing to think about when you carry and ride. I do keep at Nano vault with me for times I must leave it behind The cable is attached to the bike . But I can still remove the vault if I need to.

2006 H-D Road King. Have been to Sturgis twice and back strapped with a Colt 1991A1 Government in a Yaqui slide. My travelsmith vest covers it fine, I like all the pockets. Several times bikers came up to me and asked me to take their picture. I guess they thought I was a photographer. In colder weather it rides in a Black Hills shoulder holster under my leather. Very easy.
    Last edited by jeepzilla; December 8th, 2012 at 07:32 AM.

Recently sold my V Star 1100 and carried both a Kimber in Crossbreed IWB or a SW 4006 in a Bianchi shoulder holster. I didn't have a shoulder holster for the Kimber but preferred that style while riding so it was usually the 4006 with me. Not sure why but I felt like it would be more protected and secure if I went down and had to do the old rashy slide. Accidentally exposing, (OC not legal here) was also more of a concern and so carrying in a shoulder holster pretty much put that to bed, especially being under a leather jacket.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

I carry just on either or my 2 bikes (600 and 1200 cc) just like I do when not carrying. Either IWB (Crossbreed Supertuck) or OWB (Blackhawk) at 4:00. . Which holster is based on what I'm wearing. The leather coat makes the OWB easier, unless I'll be needing to take the coat off at a stop. Both holsters are comfortable when sitting.

I carry a Glock 26 at the 3 O'clock. Leather coat (not jacket) goes over it. Leather vest in summer. In the picture on the left it is under my shirt.

I ride a Kawasaki Vulcan 800
    Motorcycle.jpg

I carry a Walther PPQ 9mm
    Walther PPQ.jpg

In a MaxTuck from White Hat Holsters
    MaxTuck Black Cowhide-172.jpg
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

MJK
    2009 FLHR - about 18K miles per year. This is my main commuter vehicle and about-town wheels. The only days I don't ride are the days with snow/ice on the road.

I carry a G36 either IWB at 8 o'clock (I'm left handed) or in an Alessi shoulder rig. The Alessi setup is ideal for cooler weather when wearing a short leather jacket. Occasionally when I have my long-tailed leather shirt for cover I'll carry a G21sf in a Galco concealable (OWB).
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Ride a 97 FXSTS carry my XD 40 Sub-Compact all time in a IWB holster. No problemin concealment under my vest or jacket.

Sponsor
    Honda Shadow 750

Glock 32

SHTF Gear ACE-1 SHTF Gear LLC

-Clay
    The Most Advanced Hybrid Holsters- Custom Formed for over 200 guns! 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, Lifetime Warranty
    www.shtfgear.com

www.facebook.com/shtf.gear

Glock 42 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-GLOCK-42
    XDs 4.0 Holsters now shipping! www.shtfgear.com/ACE-1-SPR-XDS-4

Honda CBR250 carrying S&W 3913 IWB @ 1:00.

2004 Vulcan 1600, Taurus PT709 @ 3:30 in either Crossbreed minituck or Remora RFT

FLHTC until there's salt (I only put about 2500 a year on the car). 4 o'clock IWB with a Ruger SR9c. Been looking for a decent CC vest though...

And that said, I do need to ride out of IL before I can bother with anything other than the empty holster.

Darn state.
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, passed and waiting for IL at the moment.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links