North Carolina CCW Permit Holders, Please Read

This is a discussion on North Carolina CCW Permit Holders, Please Read within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As North Carolina permit holders are aware, we have some rather limiting restrictions in the current laws. The two big ones are not being able ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By iguanadon

Thread: North Carolina CCW Permit Holders, Please Read

As North Carolina permit holders are aware, we have some rather limiting restrictions in the current laws.

The two big ones are not being able to carry in restaurants that SERVE alcohol even if you don't consume.

The other, not being able to carry anywhere that charges admission, primary example being movie theaters.

There was a bill introduced last year, House Bill 111 that would have reversed the ban of carrying in a restaurant that serves alcohol, but it didn't get up for a vote in time before the session ended.

Now that we have a new group coming into office and the state house and state senate will have a republican majority along with a republican governor, now is the time to write your state legislators to take action.

Here is background on HB111... Sponsors and supporters are listed and the text of the bill is linked in the upper left corner.

North Carolina General Assembly - House Bill 111 Information/History (2011-2012 Session)

Let's reach out to our reps and see if we can get some things changed. I did find out that it has to start from scratch, can't just be "revived". Let's see what we can do.

Iggy
    Last edited by iguanadon; December 9th, 2012 at 09:30 AM.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

Welcome to the fight.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

VIP Member
    Hopefully HB111 will be reintroduced next year and maybe we can get it out of the endless committees and passed. I was talking to some other members of GRNC at a recent gun show and that is one of their priorities.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Let's ge'r dun!
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Don't know if this helps you guys, but my wife and I regularly visit NC as tourists. Nice state. We do not drink. However, we can't spend our tourist money on the majority of nicer restaurants because of the ban. This should be a no-brainer. If a restaurant does not want CC, just post it so. Let the restaurant decide.
    Best way to win a gun fight? "That's easy, don't show up."
    --Wyatt Earp

"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything."
    -- Wyatt Earp

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    I am hoping that these things get corrected, quickly but I am not holding my breath. Several members of our legislature refused to move this bill out of committee claiming it would be vetoed by a governor who willingly signed HB 650 and proactively removed the default bad during declarations of emergency, while suggesting that they may do something if they get re-elected.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Best of luck in your endeavor. While I have no unrealistic expectation that all CC restrictions will ever be removed, I do feel NC, although allowing CC, does make it so oppressive as to be essentially useless to CC. As a former Tarheel who returns once or twice a year, I'd sure like to enjoy eating out somewhere above the fastfood level and feel self protected. Keep up the fight!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Sponsored Links