Denied handgun purchase... Weird

This is a discussion on Denied handgun purchase... Weird within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by carverelli I have to appeal now! If not, In subsequent purchases I have to answer "yes" to ever been denied a firearm ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Denied handgun purchase... Weird

Quote Originally Posted by carverelli View Post
    I have to appeal now! If not, In subsequent purchases I have to answer "yes" to ever been denied a firearm purchase .

I had a c class felony for eluding police when I was 19, but years ago I had it vacated off my record.

If that was still detectable, how was I able to attain other weapons and 3 cpl in 3 states.

I'll appeal this next week and see what happens, as of now my Kimber solo and my money is still at the lgs!!

Please keep us posted on your progress. As well as the outcome .... Good luck!
    My EDC G27 gen. 4
    Favorite range gun G23 gen. 3

NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

What gun shop did you buy from?
    My EDC G27 gen. 4

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by HardBall View Post
    Did you get (denied) OR did you get (delayed) I get delayed every time, my CCL is no help in that regard. After a few days I get my proceed, it's a pain in the rear but until I get my U-pin there is nothing I can do about it ..... Washington seems to be getting tougher.
    It has nothing to do with WA getting tougher, purchase verification in WA is purely NICS. They call the national 800 number, not WSP or your local LEO.

Or your local gun shop, if they get as far as calling you in.
    There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap - ballot - jury - ammo

“The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie: deliberate, continued, and dishonest; but the myth: persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic.”
    -- John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by livewire View Post
    It has nothing to do with WA getting tougher, purchase verification in WA is purely NICS. They call the national 800 number, not WSP or your local LEO.

Or your local gun shop, if they get as far as calling you in.
    Your misinterpreting my comment...... my interest in the GS is how they choose to deal with the money. They can return the OP's $$$ and forgo the transaction if ask to do so. Question is will they if ask?

I understand the NICS process fine, but thanks for the comment
    My EDC G27 gen. 4

NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I have purchased many guns in recent years, I have a Florida CWFL and a C & R license and have been delayed by the NICS on occasion with no reason(s) given and denied once later found to be an error by the NICS. My LGS will return the cost of the item purchased but not the FFL transfer fee, if any, and the $5.00 NICS call and rightfully so, he expended his time.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I bought the glock from high mountain sports in Wenatchee, the kimber .45 cdp from wholesale sports in Kennewick and the kimber solo from hole in the wall from Kennewick. That was the first time I have used my cpl to purchase a firearm.

They would refunded most if my money,but I chose not to because they can sell the gun to someone else, and that is the 1st time I've ever seen a solo- might not see another for awhile.

The system is under a huge amount of stress do to the volume of gun sales. This could just be an incident of a miss entered number or your name being misspelled.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I have to appeal now! If not, In subsequent purchases I have to answer "yes" to ever been denied a firearm purchase .

I had a c class felony for eluding police when I was 19, but years ago I had it vacated off my record.

If that was still detectable, how was I able to attain other weapons and 3 cpl in 3 states.

I'll appeal this next week and see what happens, as of now my Kimber solo and my money is still at the lgs!!
    my younger brother got a misdeameaner (spelling?) for car theft back when he was 15. He is now 30 with a squeaky clean record since then and still got DENIED.. He could hire a lawyer and fight it, but will cost him $2000+. He decided he didn't need a gun anymore...

I bought the glock from high mountain sports in Wenatchee, the kimber .45 cdp from wholesale sports in Kennewick and the kimber solo from hole in the wall from Kennewick. That was the first time I have used my cpl to purchase a firearm.

They would refunded most if my money,but I chose not to because they can sell the gun to someone else, and that is the 1st time I've ever seen a solo- might not see another for awhile.

Absolutely love my new Solo....absolutely no problems shooting recommended ammo so far. Sweet trigger.
    Hope you are able to complete the purchase.
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 02R1 View Post
    my younger brother got a misdeameaner (spelling?) for car theft back when he was 15. He is now 30 with a squeaky clean record since then and still got DENIED.. He could hire a lawyer and fight it, but will cost him $2000+. He decided he didn't need a gun anymore...
    While a good idea, a lawyer is not a requirement to appeal.
    I appealed and won. It sounds like he can win too.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

New Member Array Itsanaddiction's Avatar

Dont feel bad.

So I live in WA on JBLM and I go to the PX a lot to buy my guns since they are tax free and its 9% sales tax here. Any ways im really cool with a lot of the people who work there and we are always joking around. One day I went in to pick up and Hk45 USPc and a XDS filed out all the paper work and waited the 7 days. On the 7th day i called them and asked if my paper work came in. Yup DENIED! I told the person on the phone was my friend and seller Brit. I told her to stop playing and that I would be in around noon. She told me she wasnt and gave me this number to the FBI with another number to give to them. So i call them and they tell me im good on their end its WA. So I call the state police and they tell me im good. So *** right. I went out for a smoke and check the mail and I see a letter from LESA in tacoma , WA where you apply for your CPL. I open it up and it reads DV at the very bottom in the remarks.So at this point I dont know what to do its as if my life ended. Out of all the things a DV. I call the office in Tacoma and tell them this is wrong and someone needs to fix it and they were not trying to hear me out. I told them Ive been in the Army 8 years and you can carry a gun and be in the infantry with a DV. She told me only on man can fix it and he dont get in till 2300. FML its noon. Your paper says i cant buy or own firearms. She told me as of right now I have no GUN RIGHTS. I stayed up all night and called there office and talked to this guy and told him everything that has happed. He opened everything on me and there it was a speeding ticket with a header that read DV. She readit wrong he told me and thought it must had been a DV. He told me i was good and by the time i wake up it would be fixed. Then he tells me of another story where someone else read another out of state ticket wrong and marked them for homcide. At least in 10 years he can get a gun again i tell him and he laughs tells me true and we hang up. I just put in to get my CPL in WA.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links