The Old - The Lazy - and ME...

This is a discussion on The Old - The Lazy - and ME... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I never carry an unloaded gun EVER,including one in the pipe,there is a potential if something went down you could without thinking draw an empty ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: The Old - The Lazy - and ME...

I never carry an unloaded gun EVER,including one in the pipe,there is a potential if something went down you could without thinking draw an empty gun and die while thinking I don't have any bullets in it.There should never be any doubt what condition the gun in your holster is in.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

I personally would try to stop the threat if a the SHTF.

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Sounds to me like you found a justification for a new gun, one that you don't compete with. Christmas is 'round the corner so start hinting. Another alternative is more magazines. This way you have a set for competition and a set for defense.

My thoughts ... on going unarmed into stop-and-robs like that sandwich shop? Basic, actually, as you might imagine.

You're right, that being unarmed and separated from your loved ones when out and about can put you at an extreme disadvantage if S decides to HTF that day. Far better to have a couple magazines loaded up and ready to go when leaving the "cold" range, to put the gun back into defensive-carry "ready" mode. Easy enough to do. At a range, there's got to be a place where rearming is done.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGhost View Post
    This might be a good time to think about twins! No, not girls! But a second identical carry gun. One that's ready to go. And one for range time. Switching between the two each time you go to the range. I don't have two identicals but I have two Glocks. I switch each time I go to the range. That way I'm not carrying a dirty gun, I rotate my carry ammo, and I'm not reloading in my vehicle.

I have 3 CZ 75Bs, and 2 Glock 22s.

I use them for IDPA/USPSA, plus I've got lots of mags.
    Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
    Richard M Nixon
    Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician.
    Jeff Cooper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links