Odd CCW reaction

This is a discussion on Odd CCW reaction within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had an interesting issue last night. I drove for the family when we went out to dinner last night. I left my .38 locked ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Odd CCW reaction

Odd CCW reaction

I had an interesting issue last night. I drove for the family when we went out to dinner last night. I left my .38 locked in my glove box since I knew I'd have a beer or two. I ended up drinking only one, but that was enough for me not to want to carry a firearm. My sister was looking through my storage areas in my car (no big deal since I have nothing to hide) and she was trying to open the glove box. Being locked that obviously wasn't going to happen, so I told her to knock it off. She asked why and I told her flat out because there is a .38 in there.

The reaction from her and my dad was ridiculous. You would have thought I had a kilo of cocaine in their by all their blustering and shocked expressions. This from two people that have shot with me, know I own guns and know I carry. I was floored. I just said in a stern voice "It's legal, I have the card, you know that." That was enough to shut them down, but I still cannot believe there was such an outlandish reaction to something they know about.

They'd probably pass out if they knew that in the past I've carried a XD, reload, LCR, reload and two knives around them.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

2. Remove Ads

Maybe she'll quit digging through your stuff now....

Austin
    BenGoodLuck and tcox4freedom like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "I have a gun in there right next to the panties."

I bet she'd have stopped looking.
    Foo909, ppkheat, tkruf and 2 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Tell them to take there own car next time

It's just odd to me that people that say they have no issue with being around me while carrying would have such a reaction to me having a weapon in the car.
    Mtnmanca likes this.
    "It is your evil that will be sought by us. With every breath we will hunt them down. Each day we will spill their blood, until it rains down from the skies. Do not kill. Do not rape. Do not steal. These are principles that every man from every faith can embrace." -McManus twins Boondock Saints

Re: Odd CCW reaction

People like that just need more time at the range...they'll come around.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Some people are OK with others carrying when it's an abstract thing that they don't see, or when it's in theory...but not so much when they realize THERE'S A GUN IN YOUR GLOVEBOX!!

I would have done the same as you when asked why it was locked...especially with folks that have gone to the range with you. I wouldn't sweat it.
    TheConcealer and SmokinFool like this.

Yeah - if you're wearing it, then if the gun gets irritated or something it will probably just shoot you. But if it's in the glovebox....and I'm in the passenger seat....OMGWTF?!?! That thing might go off!

Austin

Fiance's dad is an anti but when we were in NOLA and some idiot tried to pick pocket me but got a barrel of the Wheel gun instead he literally said "sorry man" and took off like a streak of chili dog aftermath.

Her dad asked what happened and I told him that the idiot tried to get my wallet but got a barrel instead. He flipped out and I had to explain to him that I still have my wallet because of that and I didn't even have to draw on him.
    Last edited by SIXTO; December 12th, 2012 at 07:44 PM.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    You think people are reasonable, but you never really know. I think family may ber even easier to misjudge. You think you know them, and you want to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are intelligent and critical thinking. But people can always surprise you.
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    Walk softly ...

Always carry never tell. I dont even tell my wife when im carrying. Some people are to paranoid. Your sister shouldnt have been nosing in your car in the first place. If it was my sister Id say none of your bizness its not your car and dont worry bout it. Stay safe.
    ep1953, OTB, Truckinbutch and 1 others like this.

mkh
    Why is a guy called 45ACP4ever carrying a .38?

I wouldn't worry about it. Your car and you are an adult. Maybe try to take them to the range more often. And I always bring up stories of people that survived something because they were carrying and then I throw in a few where people didn't to try to get them to see.

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post
    Why is a guy called 45ACP4ever carrying a .38?
    You made me laugh! I myself carry .45 and own 5 of them in various brands. Plan to get more! But I do also have a .38 bug.

I agree with sixgun that your sister had (has) no business poking around in your car.

OTB
    Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Always carry never tell. I dont even tell my wife when im carrying.
    Doesn't she see you putting your rig on when you're getting dressed?
    "Government is like a baby. An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other."
    -- President Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links