Planning a trip from NC to VT for a 2 week visit... time to get a law degree...

This is a discussion on Planning a trip from NC to VT for a 2 week visit... time to get a law degree... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ah, the good old days... plan a trip and the only concern was the route to get from point A to point B. Now being ...

Thread: Planning a trip from NC to VT for a 2 week visit... time to get a law degree...

Planning a trip from NC to VT for a 2 week visit... time to get a law degree...

Ah, the good old days... plan a trip and the only concern was the route to get from point A to point B. Now being a concealed carrier I have to know the states I'll be passing through, read up on their weapon laws, plan when I can have my gun on my person, or in the car or locked in the lockbox in the trunk.

If my destination was a state that didn't recognize my permit, I wouldn't even bother, but both VT and NH are kind enough to accept me in their beautiful states with a Glock on my hip.

I've done my research, doing my reading, making appropriate preparations so I'm not looking for info on the various states. Just commenting that there is a level of responsibility as we all know, and realize as things like this come up.

Oh, and this southern boy has to check the weather to make sure I don't have to drive in snow up there.
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Gas up before entering NY; don't stop on the way through. Good luck!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Well, you COULD stop here in New York but the legality of that is a bit of a gray area. I think if you stopped at a gas station but had your gun secured in a safe in the trunk or the back of your SUV you MAY be legal. Don't plan to stop overnight though. And that just applies outside of New York City. In the city you're probably in violation if you have a pencil drawing of a gun in your glove box!

Links