Good: Illinois MUST pass concealed carry law - Page 2

Good: Illinois MUST pass concealed carry law

This is a discussion on Good: Illinois MUST pass concealed carry law within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Concealed handgun carry will become perfectly legal in Illinois. Ammo, however, must remain under lock & key...in another state....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Good: Illinois MUST pass concealed carry law

Concealed handgun carry will become perfectly legal in Illinois. Ammo, however, must remain under lock & key...in another state.
    joker1 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Concealed handgun carry will become perfectly legal in Illinois. Ammo, however, must remain under lock & key...in another state.
    pretty much what obama voted for re: ammo while he was a senator there!

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AdBro View Post
    CONGRATS, IL PEEPS! I know how you feel. Felt the same way when Scott Walker gave us CC!!

I'm sure the lefties will go down swinging to the very end, just don't give up on your rights!
    I would be more worried about the rightwing. Us lefties don't have nearly as good a tech record as the rightwingers do when it comes to gun control.

With that said, this is good news for my home state.

Quote Originally Posted by oltombon View Post
    Just saw this on TTAG. Good for you appeals court. Sucks we have to worry about the scummy politicians having more power than the courts at the end of the day though.
    I don't want to start a fight with this one, but be very careful with the above statement.

There are only scummy politicians because there are either scummy citizens or apathetic, uninformed citizens that elect them.
    The legislative and judicial branches should be a check and balance.
    I would generally trust the legislators more than the judges. At least we have a say on who gets elected. Judges are typically appointed, often for a very long time, and often wield much more power than I personally think they should have.

In this case it works out for something we believe in. It seems like more often than not, it goes the other way.

Off my soap box. Thanks for your time.
    accessbob likes this.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. Albert Einstein

"People in Arizona carry guns," said a Chandler police spokesman. "You better be careful about who you are picking on."

I didn't have a chance to read the whole opinion, however I did see them reference NYC's restrictions. I would expect something similar (although they'll want to apply it to the whole state and not just Chicago). Personally I wish Chicago would just seceed and form their own state. They can keep their budget woes, high taxes, corrupt politicians and gang wars. That way they can stop feeling the need to impose their will on the rest of the state! No offense to anyone who lives on Chicago...but even if you do live there you've gotta admit they have BIG problems. Trouble is the government is happy to blame the guns rather than the gangs and drug peddlers. But I digress :)
    Scramble4a5 likes this.

I think I would figure out a way to pay my tax to another state.
    varob likes this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    Wow...I don't even have words right now. I had no clue that this was even in front of the court. Time to find me a snubby .357 before the prices shoot through the roof.
    Pistology likes this.

VIP Member
    Hope it goes well, I am not holding my breathe. IL will have a "dumb down" law. ( No ammo can be loaded or no mags inserted......)

I hope they have reciprocity with WI.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post
    Hope it goes well, I am not holding my breathe. IL will have a "dumb down" law. ( No ammo can be loaded or no mags inserted......)

i agree

but i bet they wont. it's gonna be so restrictive. also, this doesn't mean they have to allow CC...for instance, WI had only OC till 2011..IL might have very restrictive OC to settle this.

GH
    If they pass the law & have reciprocity with WI maybe I won't have to drive around Ill the next time I go down to Ft. Bragg or Ft. Benning for reunions.
    Yetiman likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Satan just texted me, he said it is pretty cold down there for a change, he sounds worried.

Illinois CC'ers will have to wear the famed CC sashes and t-shirts while carrying their 21st century Liberator pistols in .25 acp.

All kidding aside, congrats Illinois hopefully you get a decent law drawn up and passed.
    Pistology likes this.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GH View Post
    If they pass the law & have reciprocity with WI maybe I won't have to drive around Ill the next time I go down to Ft. Bragg or Ft. Benning for reunions.
    It could save thousands of gallons of fuel. wait there is tax revenue in gas sales.

Senior Member Array ElMonoDelMar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBuckwheat View Post

You're already able to carry a firearm like that in IL (as long as you have a FOID card).

Hopefully the new law will be something better. If they go "may issue" I should be fine as I live downstate.
    Last edited by ElMonoDelMar; December 11th, 2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: "may" not "shall"

GH
    I suppose the new law will have ammo restrictions that you can only possess .22 bird shot & pistols can only have a 1" barrel & be single shot.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar

Good: Illinois MUST pass concealed carry law

They won't reciprocate with anybody by choice. The permits will also be super restrictive. Now, some federal legislation mandating national reciprocity based upon the least restrictive privilege set would really chap their backside ....

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links