Good: Illinois MUST pass concealed carry law

This is a discussion on Good: Illinois MUST pass concealed carry law within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well it's one step in the right direction for sure. Goose...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Good: Illinois MUST pass concealed carry law

Well it's one step in the right direction for sure.

Goose
    "These days I go down to Wal-Mart and they sell 'em in the back.
    Some people wanna take 'em away, why don't you go bust them boys that's sellin' crack.
    Guns, whether Remingtons 'er Glocks.
    Come on man it ain't like I'm a slingin' 'em on the block." - Justin Moore

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Toorop's Avatar
    Sad thing is that we would have had concealed carry had the GOP governor not vetoed it.

Let's not forget Quinn...
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, IL

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Both the governor and the anti-2A legislators are irrelevant. If they don't pass a carry bill, when the 180 days elapses it's constitutional carry. If the governor doesn't sign the bill, same result.
    MASSIVE likes this.

I was reading my hometown paper, the Champaign-Urbana News Gazette (downstate Illinois and home of the University of Illinois) a couple of years ago and there was an article about a middle aged white male at a restaurant that peacefully ate his meal and left quietly. Apparently, a customer called 911 because the guy had a holstered gun inside his coat that the customer observed.
    Half the town was on lock down, and the police had road blocks set up at ever corner for five miles in any direction looking for this "dangerous criminal". I just shook my head in disbelief. I had forgotten how ridiculous those that own guns are treated, much less someone actually (God forbid) carrying a concealed weapon. I checked back, but never read of any wild shoot out or mass murders in Champaign, so I guess they either caught the perp, or he went home to his wife and dog.

Maybe the citizens of Illinois are ready for a carry law.....but I seriously doubt the brainwashed population will deal with it very well. They have been taught that there will be gunfights in the streets, and every traffic road rage incident will end in a shoot out.....not to mention all those evil guns that just "go off" by themselves. The Wild West will soon return to the calm prairie and the end of the world as we know it will not be far behind.....all they have to do is look at the other 49 states that have carry laws and read of all the carnage and bloodshed.

....it is truly sad to see the Great Republic of Illinois....the last sane, safe gun-free haven in the country, fall due to the gavel of the Justice System.
    Utopia is now officially dead. Let the body count and hysteria begin.
    mprp likes this.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Right, zonker1986. A lot of jerks in IL. Heinlein said, "An armed society is a polite society." What is an impolite society? Unarmed? What happens when the court steps in? Stay tuned.
    Is this the greatest country or what? When the mob tries to run over the Constitution, we whip out Art. III. Well, eventually, anyway.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Classic twist: the name 'Michael Moore' is on the list of plaintiffs in the case. Gotta love it.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; December 14th, 2012 at 04:51 PM. Reason: gramurrr
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Zonker-
    Not much has changed since you left (unfortunately). In yesterday's paper I was reading how Emanuel wants the State wants to appeal the decision. Mayer Emanuel was discussing how they're no longer going to allow cell phones in court rooms "but they can carry guns in"?
    He knows full well that virtually ALL permits exempt court rooms from carry... yet he purposely misrepresented things.
    His whole rationale for wanting to continue the ban on carry???... 'there's already too many guns on our streets!!' So, he knows it's a dangerous place & his 'reasoning' is let's keeping the law abiding citizens unable to protect themselves... reliant upon the govt, which hasn't gotten the job done yet.
    Here's hoping that we can get a REAL concealed carry law on the books here for the law abiding citizens that want real protection.
    Respectfully,
    Automatic

Quote Originally Posted by Domr View Post
    I agree...this will drag on forever and they'll use every trick in the book (and probably some illegal ones too) to get around the judgement. But it's a step at least.
    God knows they will use every trick in the book........the most corrupt state in the country.......what other state can say they have two governors in prison........back to back...!!!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links