Clarify for me please

This is a discussion on Clarify for me please within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When I was between 18 and 19 I was arrested one time.my record has adjudicated guilty/delinquent in juvenile court ! 4 counts 3 dismiss and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Clarify for me please

Clarify for me please

When I was between 18 and 19 I was arrested one time.my record has adjudicated guilty/delinquent in juvenile court ! 4 counts 3 dismiss and a plea of insanity how that is I have no clue ! i clearly wasnt insane ! I'm 40 now with spotless record now! Is it a waste of time and energy to apply for ccl

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Your best bet will be to speak with an attorney familiar with Texas law. He will be able to obtain any relevant court documents and advise you from there.
    BkCo1 likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

That plea of insanity is what I can't figure out ! If anything that will stop me from my license unless there is statute of limitations ?

Senior Moderator
    I would consult a lawyer familiar with Texas law
    You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Maybe you so were so insane you don't remember?
    blitzburgh and TX expat like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Haleyj View Post
    When I was between 18 and 19 I was arrested one time.my record has adjudicated guilty/delinquent in juvenile court ! 4 counts 3 dismiss and a plea of insanity how that is I have no clue ! i clearly wasnt insane ! I'm 40 now with spotless record now! Is it a waste of time and energy to apply for ccl
    Ask your question here: TexasCHLforum.com • Index page

Maybe so lol

Maybe so lol
    Kidding of course (glad you laughed). But as everyone else said, talk to a lawyer there... any advice you get here will likely be worth what you're paying for it.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

That's an odd one. Out of curiosity, is it normal in your state for someone over 18 who is arrested to be adjudicated in juvenile court?

Administrator
    I would not think it was hopeless. You are going to have to list that Insanity incident on your app. The hiring of an attorney would be an absolute necessity in your case I think.
    And your app would likely need to include an attached letter from a psychiatrist stating that you are no longer considered to be a danger to yourself or others.

You might find some helpful answers here.
    TxDPS - CHL FAQs

VIP Member
    As others have said, your best bet is going to be talk to a TX lawyer who specializes in firearm cases. I'm sure someone on the TX handgun forum can direct you to someone in your area.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I'm pretty sure the info is incorrect... What are the odds of another guy with the same name and birthday having been arrested in the same county? My docket numbers don't match any docket number on the background chk! I never plead temporary insanity and arrest date doesn't match. So I'm thinking my record was expunged and not showing up

VIP Member
    Identity theft?
    msgt/ret likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    Identity theft?
    Now days that may be a distinct possibility.
    blitzburgh likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Well I went to lock and load in Tyler where the chl class is and explained my situation.. I've bought several AR and pistols... He said very matter of factly that if I was able to purchase those guns legally then I would qualify for a chl! I assume buying an AR at wal mart would classify as legal! Lol I'm gonna explore my record more closly, I used to ride along with the sheriffs office in Colorado and had to pass that check so im betting my record was expunged!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links