Crossbreed Supertuck clips being seen

This is a discussion on Crossbreed Supertuck clips being seen within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just ordered a Crossbreed dress belt with velcro for myself for Christmas (hey, I am single). Everything I could find out from others was ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Crossbreed Supertuck clips being seen

Re: Crossbreed Supertuck clips being seen

I just ordered a Crossbreed dress belt with velcro for myself for Christmas (hey, I am single). Everything I could find out from others was that they were as good as the clips stability wise.

But, of course, I will have to wait 4-6 weeks for delivery. In the mean time I use the clips.

George
    bigmacque and sioux565 like this.
    Smile. It makes people wonder what you are up to

2. Remove Ads

If asked, the clips support you life support system.

As noted, it's highly unlikely that a non-carrier will even notice them. Even with the Crossbreed cross on them.

Another option for more discrete carry would be CompTac's C clips: Mounting Options - products new home - C-T.A.C. C Clip
    I'm gonna get me a set of then one of these days.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

They hold my colostomy bag. Wanna' see?
    StarPD45, rigel42, Lish and 2 others like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Senior Member Array KoriBustard's Avatar
    I wear the crossbreed supertuck with the standard black clips and I'm 99% sure no one has ever notice them anymore than the clip for my folding knife that is carried in my pocket on the same side. Not really an issue for me and it's a great holster.
    NRA Member
    GOAL Member
    Certified NRA RSO
    EDC: M&P 9c

RMS
    I have carried a crossbreed holster for more than three years. The only time I was questioned about the clips was by a gun salesman who wanted to know if it was a crossbreed. I also slightly blouse my shirt which limits how much the clips show.

"they keep my gun from falling down my pant leg"

The crossbreeds stick out like a sore thumb to anyone who knows what they are. I bet you wouldn't fool anyone on this forum. As for the general public, if the clips are smaller than a baseball bat, no one will notice.

Clips are clips. Folks just don't notice for some reason. I've only been made one time, and it was buy a guy I've known for years. I've carried around him for years, and even encouraged him to get a CHL a few times. The only time he actually noticed was after he got his permit and was trying to find a holster for himself. He said he always notices stuff like that. When I told him how long I'd been using those clips he noticed, we had a nice conversation about how little people really do notice, including him.

Re: Crossbreed Supertuck clips being seen

I got made at work due to the crossbreed clips, but the coworker knows I have a ccw and he's a former police officer...so not unusual, in my opinion, for him to figure it out...and he was probably checking out my ass lol... but I doubt anyone in the general public would notice.
    bigmacque likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Easy solution. Wear the clips attached to your pants, inside your belt. The belt hides them. A good belt will support your IWB holster and gun just fine.
    bombthrower77 likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

I usually don't use the "tuckable" feature. Usually, if you can see my clips then you can see my gun. But like many have already said, I don't think most people would give the clips a second thought.
    joker1 likes this.

I ordered mine with the "J" hooks that go behind the belt...and never put them on. As others have said, you could sling an AR on your back and only 1/3rd of the general public would notice.

I am stealing this line from someone else on this board, but if asked I plan to say "It is a medical device" which it is...it assists me in delivering 147-grain doses of lead to people who need it.
    KCAutoBob likes this.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I have used a CB and a Galco for the past few years and no one has every said anything about the clips. I am old so maybe they think it holds up acolostomy bag.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    ...maybe they think it holds up acolostomy bag.
    Please see post #18.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Much like others have posted... I've had a CrossBreed Super Tuck for about a year. Bought the J-Hooks with it but have never bothered to put them on. No one has ever noticed. My wife often doesn't realize that I am carrying when we go out (she realizing now that it's about 100% of the time). Maybe I should lose some weight so she's more likely to look at my...waist.
    I love my CBST- it's way more comfortable than I thought it would be.

My daughter notice the clips after about 6 months of me wearing the holster. I tuck with a full size XD. My wife got on me about carrying, but we had discussions and she relented. I carry all the time now and I don't think she even notices. Except for the other night when she tried to slap me in the butt because I was in her way in the kitchen and hit my gun.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links