USCCA I Don't Know

This is a discussion on USCCA I Don't Know within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was a member from the start when they went to the insurance I drop teh membership...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: USCCA I Don't Know

I was a member from the start when they went to the insurance I drop teh membership

2. Remove Ads

I subscribed to the USCC less than a year ago. I like the magazine as it has some very imformative articles. Not sure if I will re-up when the time comes.

Nick

The USCCA, which was always a great idea and based on sound principles, has greatly improved over the past couple of years. The e-mail marketing has subsided to a tolerable level, and the insurance benefit has increased both in level and in scope. Check it out. The information on concealed carry tactics, weapons, holsters, accessories, and situations is encyclopedic and centralized. The insurance coverage now even includes an immediate cash payment to an attorney which members are not required to pay back.

Some people dislike the insurance. For me personally, I found it to be one of USCCA's finest and most valuable features. Well worth the cost, in my opinion; and, there are three different levels of coverage to choose from, with the lower levels at lower prices.

The Concealed Carry magazine is top-drawer, issue after issue.

As a natural-born skeptic, I studied USCCA for a long time before finally joining, examining its pros and cons, as I do before joining any organization. After becoming a member, I have been very pleased with every aspect of my membership, and I plan to renew my membership indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by CedarElm7 View Post
    The USCCA, which was always a great idea and based on sound principles, has greatly improved over the past couple of years. The e-mail marketing has subsided to a tolerable level, and the insurance benefit has increased both in level and in scope. Check it out. The information on concealed carry tactics, weapons, holsters, accessories, and situations is encyclopedic and centralized. The insurance coverage now even includes an immediate cash payment to an attorney which members are not required to pay back.

Some people dislike the insurance. For me personally, I found it to be one of USCCA's finest and most valuable features. Well worth the cost, in my opinion; and, there are three different levels of coverage to choose from, with the lower levels at lower prices.

The Concealed Carry magazine is top-drawer, issue after issue.

As a natural-born skeptic, I studied USCCA for a long time before finally joining, examining its pros and cons, as I do before joining any organization. After becoming a member, I have been very pleased with every aspect of my membership, and I plan to renew my membership indefinitely.
    I'm glad that someone finds value in the magazine.

Really, on the insurance, it's an iffy deal, IMO.

For instance, put yourself in George Zimmerman's place... The Travon Martin shooting.. Can't discuss the topic here... But, ask yourself, If I were Zimmerman, what would the "insurance" cover?

Would it bail him out?
    Would it pay for defense, prior to being found innocent?

Can you read the policy?
    (you can't, you're not the insured)

No (for me) on Defense Shield. And no to Tim for trying to force me to buy it to be in his club.

Yeah, I got tapatalk, too. So what?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

The USCCA didn't smell right to me from the first free download. I deleted it and moved on. There is a wealth of good information on this forum and others. IMHO the USCCA is about making Tim Schmidt rich.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." --Benjamin Franklin

"Ignorance can be treated with education, sadly there is no cure for stupidity."

It's not for everybody, I suppose. Although I myself like it, I'm glad those who don't care for it are free to decide not to be a part of it.
    Bdogdaddy likes this.
    *Texas CHL* *TSRA* *NRA* *SAF* *GOA* *NSSF* Μολών Λαβέ

Distinguished Member
    not
    worth
    it.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

It's not right for everyone, but it is right for some.

VIP Member
    I was one of the earliest members of the USCCA. The magazine was once terrific and something I looked forward to reading. There were spectacular people on their forum that were able to break down scenarios and get into some pretty interesting stuff. But then the USCCA appeared to take a page out of the Front Site marketing manual and lost their minds. Rather than a group of like minded people it became clear that Tim was out to separate as many people as possible from as much money as possible. I left for a short time due to this marketing stupidity. I found my way back because the forum was, at that time, something I really enjoyed. Slowly I saw respected members disappear. Then came the announcement that to continue membership you had to upgrade to their "plus" membership to include insurance. That was the end of the USCCA for many of us long time members. I don't know what they're doing over there now, but I'm sure it still has something to do with the insurance that has fine print that makes it clear that whether you are covered or not doesn't just depend upon whether or not you paid your premium but also whether they decide to help you or not. Thanks, but I'll stay here and avoid the gorilla marketing folks.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

I also joined and bought into the insurance. Over the last 3 years the magazine now has ads in it, does not come in the plain white wrapper it used to, and the number of folks on the web site in into single digits at any time. When my current membership expires I am gone and have told Tim that. This was a flash in the pan!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Distinguished Member Array Dan060's Avatar
    I'm as guilty as the others.I was a member for a year,but,it was about 5 yrs ago.I dropped it.

I joined in May. It's now July, and they have sent a 3rd membership package to me, and still haven't gotten my name correct. I have to wonder if this is an indication of how things would go if I ever needed the legal benefits I'm supposedly paying for. Small issue? Maybe. Maybe not, in a world where "crossed Ts" and "dotted "Is" are used to avoid payouts and responsibilities.

So far they seem to be standing by their word of NOT sharing mail info with marketing groups, though I was not expecting the internal marketing e-mails.

I'll be looking closer at what else the market place is offering.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    Never heard of them

From the USCCA Site for "Self Defense Attorney List"

Quote Originally Posted by DickO View Post
    Hi All,
    Being new to the concealed carry world, I have signed on to several CC and 'gun' forums in order to gain added information. I went to the United States Concealed Carry Association forum(?) site and have now been barraged with many emails wanting me to join their association to take advantage of a 'host' of meaning books, forums, magazine, and even have access to a Self-Defense Shield program that would provide legal counsel if I were to ever have to draw my weapon for defense.

Are you folks familiar with this outfit and what is/are your opinions?? I 'did' see a short review on this site from a "Christians with guns" site and they said it pretty much worked as advertised except for the excessive emails. Still unconvinced, I thought I would solicit your views. Thanks.
    This is directly from the USCCA site from the section on finding an attorney:
    "Our list is just one (excellent) source for attorneys. It is up to you to find an attorney that works best for your specific situation. I strongly recommend that you contact an attorney and arrange to acquire an emergency contact number. Write their number on the “Lawyer Resource” included in your Membership Welcome Kit, have it laminated, and keep it in your wallet.

Please be aware that many of these attorneys handle a number of clients and may not have an opening for another. You may need to approach several attorneys, both on and off our list, before you find one that works for you. Also remember that many attorneys require a retainer fee or consultation fee before they’re willing to accept new clients.

If you’ve exhausted our resource, FindLaw.com is another great place to find an attorney.

Notice:
    The following is a list of self-defense attorneys in the USA, but they are NOT aware of the Self-Defense SHIELD program. That's because, they don't need to be aware of it. Should you need a lawyer, you will hire him or her as normal. As a USCCA member you get a attorney retainer & cash bail bond up to $10,000. Call 877-677-1919 to get started. Following your acquittal, your Self-Defense SHIELD benefit will kick in to reimburse your legal fees."

I have been around gun forums for probably 15 years. These days the only difference seems to be how they are moderated and how much they push advertisements.
    I would rank this place pretty high on my list maybe #4 or 5 of gun forums.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links