Issue with Florida CHL process

This is a discussion on Issue with Florida CHL process within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently carry under a non-resident Az CWP which I obtained without any problems/issues. I don't qualify for my Tx CHL for a couple years ...

I currently carry under a non-resident Az CWP which I obtained without any problems/issues. I don't qualify for my Tx CHL for a couple years due to a deferred adjudacation "non-conviction". I recently applied for my FL CHL and they received my correctly completed application, and cashed my check August 4th of this year. I expected a delay over the standard 8-9 weeks but it's been about 20 weeks. I called and spoke with a FL Dept of Agriculture rep who verified my application had been received and is being processed. I asked why it's taking so long and she replied with the following. " All applications are currently being held for 90 days before the application process begins". I asked if that applied to all applications or just the ones with background check issues, to which she replied "all applications". It sounds like bs to me and I'm wondering if anybody has recently completed the process in Florida? I don't have a charge that would disqualify me in Florida and I am a Licensed medical professional and haven't had any issues maintaining that professional license. Do y'all agree they are probably just giving me the run-around while trying to figure out if they can deny my application?

Florida does not have a CHL.....CWP

I know a couple people who have gotten them in the last year and none took more than a few months. First I have heard of a 90 wait to process a permit. I know my nephews girlfriend took a class at a gun show and had hers within 90 days and i think it was much closer to 6 weeks.
    A word to the wise isn't necessary, save it for the stupid

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Actually it's a CWFL and the site says up to 90 days. For a while back in 2008-2009 it was taking longer due to the shear increase in volumn after the 2008 election. The issuing dept may be inundated again after the latest election. It is approaching the 1,000,000 licenses issued mark. They have no basis to "hold" applications 90 days before starting the process.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

My check was cashed in early Oct., I called to check status this week and was told it has been issued & mailed out.
    Hope you're able to get it straightened out in short order.
    Respectfully.
    Automatic

Links