Ask family/friends if you can carry in their homes

This is a discussion on Ask family/friends if you can carry in their homes within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ogre Sorry but the Second Ammendment only applies to the government, not individuals. A person cannot violate your Second Ammendment rights because ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree96Likes

Thread: Ask family/friends if you can carry in their homes

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogre View Post
    Sorry but the Second Ammendment only applies to the government, not individuals. A person cannot violate your Second Ammendment rights because the Bill of Rights entire do NOT limit them! I get SOOOO tired of people thinking that "Person A, Business X, and Property Owner Y" violated their Second Ammendment rights becuase they don't want firearms on thier property. Guess what, the 2nd does NOT apply to them, it is THEIR property, you are NOT forced to be on their property, you can leave, they can FORBID anything they want on their property. I forbid Alcohol on my property, I forbid anyone other than friends and family from carrying firearms on my property. If I find a gun on someones person I will draw on them and hold them until the police show up, I will then work my hardest to get them prosecuted not for trespassing, but for attempted murder. You wanna carry on MY property, YOU BETTER ASK first.
    Ogre, I was speaking of my right to self preservation in the first statement and only cited the 2nd Amendment as a generality to bearing arms. But, to reply to your statement of the 2nd Amendment only applying to government, are you saying that right only applies to Govt. entities? or only the Government's need to recognize an individuals rights? If you are making a case that the 2nd Amendment only applies to the government's right of themselves and their proxies to be armed, I'm sorry but you are not correct. If you are speaking of the latter, that only the US Government needs to recognize an individuals right then I now understand and it was just not stated clearly in your comments.

You are going a little over the top in you approach to holding an armed individual at gunpoint if on your property. Maybe laws are different in AL, but just being armed does not constitute a threat to you in that you could "draw on them" and "hold them until LE arrives". You could in fact ask them to leave. You very well may be charged for brandishing, threatening, false arrest, possibly something akin or along the lines of kidnapping, (don't know AL laws, just speculating), but you most certainly would be going for a ride with LEO's. As for attempted murder, please that is just crazy. I hope you will check into this further before you come upon real trouble in your life. Don't worry though I won't be coming for a visit.

2. Remove Ads

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by Spovik View Post
    I don't understand how this topic has devolved.
    I can't either, it's just goin' round and round.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links