Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper says time to talk gun laws

This is a discussion on Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper says time to talk gun laws within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper says time to talk gun laws...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper says time to talk gun laws

2. Remove Ads

Get a foot in the door, that is how it starts...just sayin
    TN_Mike and nerdyvirgin like this.

As Mayor of Denver he aligned himself with Bloomberg's Mayors Against *illegal* guns. We can't be too surprised. "Birds of a feather" "Leopard/Spots".
    TN_Mike likes this.

OP, what's your feeling on the subject?
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I hope our Democrats aren't like the ones in NY. That's my feeling.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tessa View Post
    I hope our Democrats aren't like the ones in NY. That's my feeling.
    Don't bet on it.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Now that we're one of the "Pothead" states, it's the perfect time to bring up gun control. I used to love my state so much, I was so proud to call myself a "Coloradoan"...those days are long gone and if the current trend continues, soon I'll be "long gone" as well. There are a few places left where the nanny-ism hasn't taken complete hold.
    Never pick a fight with an old man...If he's too old to fight, he'll just kill you - John Steinbeck
    Come to Colorado...the governor is loopy
    .................................................. .................................................. ......................They Live

I trust he will focus on drunk drivers as well!
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144

Ruger owners check our sister forum http://rugerpistolforums.com a great site to share and learn about your Ruger pistols.

Even if the focus is on the "mentally ill", that definition is so sloppy anymore that we've turned "being sad" into "clinical depression". This is a terribly slippery slope. IMHO, the theater rampage would have ended quickly if a few in the audience had been carrying.
    CharlesMorri likes this.
    "There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." ~ P. J. O'Rourke

We have more people getting killed by drivers (including at least one policeman each week), than by guns. He should concentrate on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadsnugun View Post
    Now that we're one of the "Pothead" states, it's the perfect time to bring up gun control. I used to love my state so much, I was so proud to call myself a "Coloradoan"...those days are long gone and if the current trend continues, soon I'll be "long gone" as well. There are a few places left where the nanny-ism hasn't taken complete hold.
    Me too.. Went to high school and college in Colorado.. Saw the writing on the wall when the liberal Californians moved in and I moved to Texas.

Those of us in Colorado need to get cozy with our Representatives and Senators in the Colorado General Assembly, and initiate a respectful conversation with the Honorable Hickenlooper. We are not going to win this battle with name calling or burying our heads in the sand.

If you do not know who your Senator is, or your Representative in the General Assembly, look here: http://www.leg.state.co.us/CLICS/CLI...u?openframeset

You can scan the Senators and Reps by County to find yours. Start the dialogue now to be more effective later.

Here is the Main Page: http://www.leg.state.co.us/clics/cli...plash?OpenForm

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Those of us in Colorado need to get cozy with our Representatives and Senators, and initiate a respectful conversation with the Honorable Hickenlooper. We are not going to win this battle with name calling or burying our heads in the sand.
    It's really hard to have respectful conversation based on reason, when those with which you hope to discuss issues base all their decisions on emotions rather than concrete facts. But, you are correct... you win nothing by stooping to their level of name calling and head burying.

Press on, take a firm, factually based stand... raise money to advertise and campaign for your rights. As we have seen.... it's $$$ that wins seats, and issues... and that isn't going to change any time soon...
    Rock and Glock, OD* and Bark'n like this.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Those of us in Colorado need to get cozy with our Representatives and Senators in the Colorado General Assembly, and initiate a respectful conversation with the Honorable Hickenlooper. We are not going to win this battle with name calling or burying our heads in the sand.

If you do not know who your Senator is, or your Representative in the General Assembly, look here: Colorado General Assembly

You can scan the Senators and Reps by County to find yours. Start the dialogue now to be more effective later.

Here is the Main Page: Colorado General Assembly Home Page
    Something else to consider is the importance in voting during local elections. Too often the city and county level politicians get elected by miniscule proportions of the populous and that's where a strong voting base can make a real difference.
    Brad426 and ep1953 like this.

VIP Member
    Stay on your reps, write them letters, emails, phone messages.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links