One step closer..

One step closer..

This is a discussion on One step closer.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey everyone, I live in Michigan. We have pistol free zones (I'm sure like every other state) and I think we all agree that these ...

Thread: One step closer..

One step closer..

Hey everyone,

I live in Michigan. We have pistol free zones (I'm sure like every other state) and I think we all agree that these are stupid. Well,
    Michigan just got one step closer to doing away with these!

State House passes bill allowing concealed weapons in schools, day care centers, stadiums, churches | wzzm13.com

But opponents, including state Rep. Joan Bauer, D-Lansing, said the bill went too far.

"There are just some areas where guns should not be allowed," she said.
    Like theaters, probably... or malls, maybe... places where no one ever gets shot by a madman in a deluded rage. Where is that, exactly?
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    Like theaters, probably... or malls, maybe... places where no one ever gets shot by a madman in a deluded rage. Where is that, exactly?
    Churches! No, wait a minute... Damn.
    Disarming innocent people does not protect innocent people.

Don't ever think that the reason I'm peaceful is because I'm afraid to be violent!

Exactly! Those PFZs are stupid no matter how you look at it. It just welcomes people to come in and shoot!

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post

There is one "Pistol Free Zone" that is not stupid! The Shower!
    Never challenge an old man, because if you lose, you’ve lost to an old man, and if you win, so what?

I was just talking about this bill to an associate yesterday. I knew it was in process but had not heard any more about it in a while. I have to renew my CPL in the spring and I am planning on taking the extra class time so I can carry concealed in the gun free zones. My wife works in the hospital so if I want to go visit her on her lunch hour I have to open carry or disarm as it is now.

The big problem I see here is that places can opt out but how are you supposed to know, unless they are posted you wouldn't know if they are "in" or "out"

VIP Member
    I haven't had time to read the final draft so I could be mistaken, but I would like to NOT have to worry about whether I am about to have dinner in a "restaurant" that sells alcohol or a "bar" that serves food.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

Sponsored Links