This is what is being allowed to happen (CONN Shooting)

This is a discussion on This is what is being allowed to happen (CONN Shooting) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cmdrdredd Do you have a link for this information? Everywhere I search or read it comes up as him having a Bushmaster ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: This is what is being allowed to happen (CONN Shooting)

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Do you have a link for this information? Everywhere I search or read it comes up as him having a Bushmaster AR of some type. Generally they call it a "Military Style Assault Rifle" In order to sell newspapers.
    I did a little more research. The medical examiner said a long weapon was used. I edited my earlier post to reflect this information.

‘Everybody Was Hit More Than Once’: Medical Examiner Gives Chilling Account of CT School Deaths | Video | TheBlaze.com
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    So you're saying that every teacher administrator and secretary should be REQUIRED to carry a gun? And that people who are trained to use them to save your kids life is a waste of money? I'm guessing you dont have kids. Because if it comes down to money ...fire the principal and his gun toting secretary and put the money into hiring some security
    Why not have parents volunteer to be there. Training would be required, but WE need to rely upon ourselves and STOP thinking that the government can solve this. Yes, you may have to take some time off work,,,,,just ask any of the 20 parents or grandparents of the kids in CT if any of them would have given the days off up to do this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDE101 View Post
    Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio. Back when I was in school, the coaches and most of the male teachers were WWII vets and knew how to handle firearms. Also, back then, I'd venture to say most males learned to shoot and hunt as kids. A few "trained" teachers, both male and female, with concealed carry permits and weapons at their disposal would prevent the type of crap that happened at Virginia Tech and in Connecticut. The nutcase BGs always pick "gun free zones" to carry out their ploy for publicity! Maybe not all, but a lot of lives would be saved if there had been a few armed people in Virginia, Connecticut, in the Theater, at the Mall, etc. instead of them all being "gun free zones". Yah, right, "gun free" for the innocents!!!! But not the BGs.
    The problem of course is that what was true when we were children isn't true today. The male teachers with combat experience
    are few and far between. The ladies who usually handle elementary school classes are simply not the types of people who
    could deal with the violence.

Having grown up in the 1950s I realize (now) that almost every adult male I ever met then was a vet, and many were combat vets.
    No PTSD and crazies, just solid citizens of the Greatest Generation.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    I had someone today say that I am responsible for this because I don't want any new gun bans or control type laws limiting what I can and cannot own.

How is it my fault that someone was purely evil? It's not, it's not your fault either. I don't understand why anyone would try to push blame anywhere but squarely on the shoulders of the murderer. I can't even blame the mother as she was a gun owner herself from what I understand and she was just like us. It's not her fault that her son was evil. Sometimes you think you're doing the right thing with your kids and maybe you are, but there is a point where your responsibility as a parent is lifted and it's up to them to do the right thing and be responsible for themself.

We are all saddened by the tragedy but I find no fault in anyone (except perhaps the media for how they portray things like this), but the kid who acted alone and of his own accord in this shooting. I can't begin to understand why anyone would point the finger and people living over 1500 miles away and claim that they are even partially responsible for this. That is utterly despicable to say and absolutely untrue. I am sure the mother of this kid would say something similar. When something like this happens everyone wants a reason or to point the finger and blame someone, but it's wrong to do that and it saddens me that there are some people who would rather take away our freedom than to come to terms with the fact that this kid was evil and evil will always exist in the world. It has been here since long before our time.

I am not very religions but I can't help but think that some of what is happening lately is a result of our attempt as a society to push God out of our lives. People don't want it in the pledge of allegiance, people want it off the money, people don't like it when you pray for a sick person because it might offend them, people don't like congress taking a moment of prayor or any local government opening their session with a prayor. Things like this let more and more evil in. Even if you don't believe in God the same way, I can't help but feel that sometimes the belief in a higher power does give us a little bit more clarity as to what is the correct path to choose. Sometimes I feel like everything is happening because our nation is losing it's way.
    This specific sect of "Americans" that are so ignorant, arrogant and uneducated to call for bans on guns and call for more gun free zones and to those especially "special" people who say things like "people in the NRA should have to shoot there kids to see what it's like" or those who call for the NRA President and members to be shot for supporting evil or even those who imply we are responsible for these travesties for not supporting bans on weapons, Are the same people that demand we take GOD out of all things public and GOVT.... I just cant even think about this anymore... this country is going to fail because of THESE people...
    1MoreGoodGuy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
    Why not have parents volunteer to be there. Training would be required, but WE need to rely upon ourselves and STOP thinking that the government can solve this. Yes, you may have to take some time off work,,,,,just ask any of the 20 parents or grandparents of the kids in CT if any of them would have given the days off up to do this.

I'd bet if 50, 30, or even 20 capable parents who arrived at a school to drive such a "volunteer force," the school's leadership (if it were intelligent and could see the value) would jump all over it. Any 1000-kid school ought to be able to field that many volunteers, on a part-time basis. I'm betting Dave Grossman, Clint Smith, Massad Ayoob and a few others could have much to say about how to go about leveraging such a resource.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Well... It appears that I have beaten a dead horse in this thread... I appreciate the conversation.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links