This is what is being allowed to happen (CONN Shooting)

This is a discussion on This is what is being allowed to happen (CONN Shooting) within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Quick introduction, My Name is Josh, I'm an NCO in the US Army EOD with a Concealed Carry out of FL. I joined the forum ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: This is what is being allowed to happen (CONN Shooting)

This is what is being allowed to happen (CONN Shooting)

Quick introduction,

My Name is Josh, I'm an NCO in the US Army EOD with a Concealed Carry out of FL.

I joined the forum this morning after hearing of yet another atrocity at a school in America. I had to know what the general populous whom are law bidding citizens feel will happen as a result of our political rule?

More to the point, am I the only one who feels that if even one staff member had been allowed to carry concealed. Could you imagine how quickly all of these shootings would have ended if the assailant knew anyone could have been armed? If a principle or assistant principle had the legal right to be armed how many more of these student shootings do you all feel would happen successfully?

I am an outraged patriot, I am in ever lasting awe of how far ignorance can take us despite statistics stating otherwise.

Thank Yall in advance.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; December 15th, 2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: No political comments, please.
    sigs, msgt/ret, joker1 and 19 others like this.

2. Remove Ads

Welcome to the forum Josh and thank you for your service.

To be honest, I have no clue if anything regarding "gun control" will arise after this incident. Look at all of the other mass shootings this year and how little was done after each incident. Just my opinion.

Welcome aboard.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; December 15th, 2012 at 10:35 AM.
    daddysgirl likes this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Forgive me I just don't hear too many conservatives advocating a ban on guns or excessive gun control en mass... But I digress, not trying to start a political discussion, which I now understand are prohibited.... As far as massacres and concealed carry what are our thoughts lol you know mine.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the forum. It is not just liberals that are allowing gun control to happen but it is everyone who thinks banning an inanimate object will make a problem disappear. Then you also have the ones “Well I hunt with a shotgun, you can’t hunt birds with a handgun so why would anyone need a handgun” or “I hunt with a bolt-action rifle no one needs a semi auto rifle for hunting, they should be banned”.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

I stated on another forum last night that all it would have taken was one unassuming, armed janitor and the headlines could have read "School Massacre Thwarted By Armed Citizen".

Quote Originally Posted by llmstratocaster View Post
    I stated on another forum last night that all it would have taken was one unassuming, armed janitor and the headlines could have read "School Massacre Thwarted By Armed Citizen".
    I mean of course Im not advocating just any ole person can carry at a primary school but like we both said, it would have only taken 1 teacher or principle etc. to have nixed that quick. I am all for background checks. But my point is that pilots for Airlines were able to get a psych profile to carry on Flights after 911... Why cant the same happen for a select few school personnel?
    phreddy likes this.

Here in Colorado our Governor is already starting Gun Control talks. He stated that now (in January) is the time to have the talks on Gun Laws. He fancies himself a "moderate" due to his views on oil and gas. He is also still a buisnessman. He is an avid hunter and has even came to our range with his son and shot. He just returned from a pheasant hunting trip. He is alluding to something like a high cap mag ban or maybe even a new statewide "assault weapon" ban. The new state senate and house is more to his liking in January.

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    Welcome to the forum!

May I recommend books by LTC David Grossman or these two books Terror at Beslan, and Innocent Targets - When terrorism comes to school. And yes it is a mindset as well as our current educational system where teacher use Hollywood films with little facts or made up facts to teach science. Or indoctrination the victimization/owe me attitude rather than a our responsibility and "God Given" Right to be self reliant. And the one that torques me is the thought that "We Belong to the Government" that is being propounded by some.

That being said, again welcome to forum by one of the Non-PC members!
    CookieEOD likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by llmstratocaster View Post
    That would be a great day. unfortunately even if that was the case, you can bet that it would not be all over the televisions as this incident was/is. I never would have imagined what happed very shortly after the first reports of this tragic event started comming through. Gun laws were immediately spoken of. The brands models and manufactures of the firearms used were immediately posted all over the tv's. Gun owners get the finger pointed at them more often that not in times like this yet it is the gun owners who protect this entire countries freedoms. Antis will never see it that way. In clossing my thoughts and prayers to the families who are dealing with this unspeakable act of cowardism
    CookieEOD likes this.

I have stated else where but how is it that Airline Pilots were able to have a psych profile done to carry concealed on flights after 911 but it is too much to ask that we be allowed to do the same with school faculty. The staff are just as honor bound to protect students as any sworn security that the tax payer would have to pay for. I feel it just makes sense.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

I agree, but for that to have saved lives in this instance, you'd have to assume that just because they can have them they will have them . Im not sure if you remember your first grade teacher, but did she seem like the kind of person who wished she could carry a gun? My principal? Maybe, but he wore baby blue suits and white shoes.
    What would be better, as much as it sucks to think about, is if each school had just one or two trained security guards. We have hi tech security protecting us at the mall, but math teachers and librarians protecting our kids.
    BugDude likes this.

I accept what you are saying, but I not every teacher or member of faculty is "soft" I knew a great deal of teachers that were polar opposites of that stereotype. More to the point, why hire/ pay 1 or two people to sit around until something happens when a faculty member could have an extra incentive to go through a psych profile and get licensed?
    lchamp likes this.

because you'd have schools where not one teacher had a gun. Paying one or two retired cops, to watch a camera and sign people in or out could stop the threat before a kid even has to see anything. I'm not saying the teachers shouldnt be allowed to carry, but it doesnt proactively address the problem of school shootings

Welcome, and thank you for your service! As an alternative, why not allow legal concealed carry in all schools? If perpetrators understood they might well be attacking a "harder" target rather than a "Victim Zone" they might reconsider.
    CookieEOD, noway2, lchamp and 2 others like this.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links