Florida CCL warning....... - Page 2

Florida CCL warning.......

This is a discussion on Florida CCL warning....... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by dben002 just letting others know to skip Florida if out of state..they just take way toooooooooooooooooooooooooo long.............. Hhhmmmm... I'm an out of ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Florida CCL warning.......

Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    just letting others know to skip Florida if out of state..they just take way toooooooooooooooooooooooooo long..............
    Hhhmmmm... I'm an out of stater and snail mailed my Florida in. Check cashed 2nd week of October, Permit issued and mailed this week. It was almost EXACTLY the same amount of time that my Utah took. No big deal.
    Respectfully,
    Automatic

You can speed up the FL application process by going to one of the centers.
    You bring all of your paperwork with you and the process is pretty quick...2--3 weeks (I believe) instead of the 60-90 days.

My renewal a couple of years ago was only 10 days door to door. The huge volume of requests for a permit is clogging the system
    That's both a good and bad thing...longer wait, but more permit holders.IMHO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    No comparison. Utah has a population of 2.8 million and has issued a a total of 360,000 weapons permits. Florida has issued 118,000 non resident licenses alone plus over 1 million resident licenses and growing by about 10K per month. How long does it take to get a license in Ct.?
    I was not complaining at all.

CT permit depends. NR usually is faster than R as it does not require to go through a local process (you go directly to state which is the second step for residents). Local process depends on the "cooperativeness" of your PD. My permit took 7 weeks.

State statute sets clear limits which stipulate the process should be much faster. But too few people are fighting this. HERE is something to complain.

We just sent in our Florida renewals...........wondering how long with reguard to the overload.

My wife and I mailed ours on Dec.3rd checks cash on Dec. 12th The wait is what ever it is THANKYOU Florida. Glad to hear of all the apps.coming your way. Maybe other states will get the idea. Our Pa. Permits take about 10 to 15 minutes in Lackawanna county. Pass the nics and it is yours. We will gain 7 states with the Fl. License two of which are bordering states Ohio and Delaware. Pa. Is honored in 30 states and we gain seven new ones with florida so once again thankyou Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    Has anyone consider the number of applications being submitted? Florida has issued or renewed over 80,000 CWFL's since Aug 1st 2012 or about 16,000 per month. Pretty hard to justify added government workers based on the present economy. Presently 1 in 14 adults in Florida has a CWFl and growing by about 10,000 per month. Mississippi has a population of about 2.8 million, Florida has a poulation of over 19 million, my county alone has a population of 1.8 million. I believe the state is doing an outstanding job based on the work load.
    Now I know why I live in MS. Thanks for clearing that up for me. LOL
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Yep at that speed they may be delivering the license to your burial plot
    dben002 likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Florida CCL warning.......

Only problem with mine was that the fingerprints I had done at the local Police Department couldn't be read so I had to go through the process again. Took about 5 weeks.

Arizona runs about 2 weeks mailbox to mailbox, costs less and has nearly the same coverage as FL. Meeting the training requirement may be an issue, as you don't find AZ classes all around the country like you FL and UT. There are some alternatives. YMMV
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 224 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Kansas is a 90 day wait and I am 82 days into it...

Not meaning to gloat or anything but I was very surprised & happy to receive my license in the mail after about 3 weeks.

I'm two months in and patiently waiting. I've made it almost 50 years w/o a permit so a few weeks more makes no difference.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    The Fl Dept of A&CS CWFL site says 90 days and always has stated that. They're working on maximum oveload currently. Your procrastination is not their emergency.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    Now I know why I live in MS. Thanks for clearing that up for me. LOL
    I am quite familiar with the Mississippi Gulf Coast, I was born in Biloxi and and raised in Gulfport and that's why I am in Florida.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

When re-applying in Florida, if you live close enough to make an appointment at a local Dept. of Agriculture office, you will wait a month or so for the appointment date to come up, but then you walk out the door with your renewal license. That was a nice deal!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links