Moving To Indiana - A question

This is a discussion on Moving To Indiana - A question within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife and I are moving to Indiana, and both of us have Kentucky CCW permits. We will be applying for Indiana permits as soon ...

Thread: Moving To Indiana - A question

My wife and I are moving to Indiana, and both of us have Kentucky CCW permits. We will be applying for Indiana permits as soon as possible, but will we have to go unarmed during the application period, or does Indiana allow us to carry with our KY permits during the application process? I know a few other states do this, but I can't find anything about it on the Indiana website.

VIP Member
    Will your KY permit still be valid once you change your residency to IN? If not, at that point you have no valid license, so there is nothing for IN to honor. Best choice would be get a non-resident permit from another state and carry on it until you can get a IN permit.
    Last edited by archer51; December 15th, 2012 at 06:28 PM.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Ex Member
    I BELIEVE Indiana honors the Kentucky permit, check the Indiana Gov site. An Indiana LIFETIME CCW permit is only $120 with no testing. Fill the paperwork on line, take to local LEO for prints, 90 days later you are good for life.

Archer, that's exactly the situation I'm trying to avoid. I will essentially be disarmed for the length of time it takes for the new permit to get processed. Anyone have any suggestions?

VIP Member
    Unfortunately Indiana is licensed OC. So if your KY permit is voided when you change residency, you don't have much choice.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links