Can I still Carry

This is a discussion on Can I still Carry within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I lost my permit and am waiting for a replacement that I have sent away for.... Can I still carry? I live in Indiana....

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hopyard

Thread: Can I still Carry

Can I still Carry

I lost my permit and am waiting for a replacement that I have sent away for.... Can I still carry? I live in Indiana.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by markjenna View Post
    I lost my permit and am waiting for a replacement that I have sent away for.... Can I still carry? I live in Indiana.
    I don't know your state's law. You could try phoning the issuing authority to ask the question.

Nevertheless, as a quick way to look at it,
    ask yourself if you are required to carry the permit when you are armed. If the answer is yes, then probably
    you have to wait for the replacement. Don't do it.

If you are not required to carry your license in your possession when armed, then you need to look into
    the law carefully before "assuming" either way.
    oneshot likes this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Here in Mississippi that is covered under the carry law. You get fined something like $35. If it is not addressed in the law I would not risk it without some clarification.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

In Ky your suppose to have it but it's only a $25 fine if you don't. So if I felt strong enough I needed to carry it I would but I'd be quick about getting my replacement. However,

I'm not a lawyer and my advice should be worth what you paid for it. Nothing. I've seen several instances where CCP were revoked because of responsibility issues such as leaving your gun somewhere, or it

falling out of the holster in public, public negligent discharges, stuff along those lines. So you never know and it's worth protecting.

I know in Ar. Can't carry w/o ur permit on u.

In Georgia, when applying for renewal of CC license, you get a temporary paper license that is good for 90 days....enough time for the official license to come in the mail.
    Kimber Solo 9mm, Walther PPS 9mm
    Kel Tec PF9 9mm, Ruger LCR .38
    Maverick 88 Tactical 12 ga shotgun at bedside
    Lifetime NRA member

Quote Originally Posted by markjenna View Post
    Do not carry your handgun without being in possession of a valid LTCH, and a valid photo ID. It is illegal to do so in Indiana, and it isn't worth the risk.

This is why I paid twenty bucks to obtain a duplicate LTCH... Thankfully, I have never had to use it.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

VIP Member
    Welcome from Virginia. I'd check with the ISP since they are the issuing authority for Indiana permits. Most states require you have your permit in your possession when carrying. If caught carrying without, penalty range from a felony to a minor fine, depending on the state.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Everyone beat me to it.....so yea, what they said.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Links