Oklahoma High School massacre averted..

This is a discussion on Oklahoma High School massacre averted.. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There has to be pure evil in the world today....nothing else can explain these happenings..... Oklahoma police arrested a high school student on charges that ...

Thread: Oklahoma High School massacre averted..

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar

Oklahoma High School massacre averted..

There has to be pure evil in the world today....nothing else can explain these happenings.....

Oklahoma police arrested a high school student on charges that he was plotting to carry out a shooting and bombing massacre at his school, the Tulsa World newspaper reported on Saturday.

Sammie Eaglebear Chavez, 18, was arrested at his home in Bartlesville, Okla., on Friday, the same day that a gunman killed 20 children and six adults at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn.

Police alleged in an affidavit that Chavez tried to recruit other Bartlesville High School students to help him lure classmates into the school auditorium, where he planned to chain the doors shut and start shooting them, the newspaper said.

"He also told them that if the students assisting him did not do what they were supposed to do, he would not hesitate to kill them and/or himself," the newspaper quoted the police affidavit as saying.

Chavez told classmates that he would put bombs by the auditorium door and detonate them when police arrived, the affidavit said, according to the newspaper.

He was jailed on a charge of attempting or conspiring to perform an act of violence and his bond was set at $1 million.

Police said they could not comment on Saturday. Court records indicate a hearing is scheduled for Jan. 11.

An arrest warrant was issued on Thursday, a day after Chavez allegedly solicited classmates in the school cafeteria to help him carry out the plot. A student notified a school administrator, who called police.

The police affidavit said Chavez had used a school computer to research guns, pipe bombs and the 1999 Columbine High School massacre in which 12 students and a teacher were killed in Littleton, Colo. It also said he had told a teacher last week that he had bought a Colt .45 gun, though it was unclear whether he actually had one.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

Mental health is the problem, not guns.

Glad they stopped at least one nutbag
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Quote Originally Posted by rammerjammer View Post
    Mental health is the problem, not guns.

Glad they stopped at least one nutbag
    I would argue that some of the "mental health" issues are in reality parenting issues. BTDT got the t shirts from working with kids who had all kinds of alphabet diagnoses and the real problems were at home, not in their head.

I'll second the glad they stopped him.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I'd have to agree with "chiefjason".
    ... mind you, I never had any children of my own but always wound up a part of the "baby sitting" couple. I was, however, able to observe what has been happening these last 40 or so years and the liberalising of America. If it's there; if you can think about it; if you can dream it up; no matter how wierd or horrid... it's allowed for the children of all ages to see (for the most part). No longer are they forbidden to see media programs sometimes not even fit for so-called grown adults. Doesn't matter if its sex, language, killing, drugs... that's all open for their little eyes to see and even for them to participate in. And why??? Because the parents allowed it and even fostered it. I know; I've seen it.

Many years ago I remember saying to my fellow workers, "I sure don't envy you folks having to raise kids during this day and age. If I had had any kids, I probably would have wound up in jail for alleged mistreatement of children; what with all the rules now in effect." I 'can' see many possible causes of what's going on out there though and it does bother me. My 'grandson' (14years) and his uncle (23 years) have spent innumerable hours in front of a TV playing every bang-bang, shootem' up game known to man. Yes, and all the zombie crap too. That's just one example... but... what if??? And then there is this "give the kids everything they want" train of thought. And if they don't get it???... the parents definitely have a fight on their hands. No, I still don't envy parents these days but I do believe they are part of this problem that has become known as a "permissive - anything-goes" society.

Links