Concealing Glock 19 - Page 3

Concealing Glock 19

This is a discussion on Concealing Glock 19 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by paullie ...do you care that you print, most guys quit caring about that after a while... I EDC a G19 most of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Concealing Glock 19

Quote Originally Posted by paullie View Post
    ...do you care that you print, most guys quit caring about that after a while...
    I EDC a G19 most of the time & have carried concealed for +25 years. I have never, EVER quit "caring about" printing. I have learned, however, that what I notice under close personal scrutiny in front of a mirror at home is a l-o-n-g way from what the uninformed, casual observer is going to see & notice on the street. Let's be real here, a lot of husbands don't notice when their wives change HAIR COLOR (and we've got a STRONG motivation to pay attention to such things)! Generally, folks don't see, notice, process & react to very many outside stimulants that don't...smack them soundly between the eyes.
    68blackbird likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

As for belts, my first real gun belt was a 5.11 instructors belt. 1.5" nylon belt. It's a good belt for the money. My wife has a Wilderness Tactical Frequent Flyer that is a nice belt too. My current belt is an all leather belt by a member here and another board I frequent, he goes by gunbelt. It's called a Fat Boy Belt, but you can get whatever size you need. It is a fantastic gun belt. Sturdy vertically but wears great. Single piece of leather. And no exposed buckle. I absolutely love this belt.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

Don't sell your glock. Experiment with appendix carry. I carry my Glock 23 appendix style and it conceals beautifully. Try it, you'll like it. It may very well be the fastest presenting carry position available for a handgun. It gives away very little in comfort and pays huge dividends with speed and security.
    "If it bleeds...we can kill it." -Dutch, Predator

The right belt makes a huge difference. I carry a XD9sc, not entirely a small handgun. But, I carry it comfortably @ about 4 - 430, with a heavy forward cant. It just disappears. Once you find what position works best for you, both with comfort and concealability, it gets a lot easier to dress around. It takes some time to figure out though. I'm 5'9" 200 and use a hybrid holster from a site sponsor, Extreme Concealment Systems. I've yet to let them know how well I like it.....but I can't tell you enough about how comfortable and well constructed it is. It's quickly becoming my favorite method of carry.
    'Fortes Fortuna Juvat'
    NRA Member
    NRA Life of Duty Member

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links