Concealing Glock 19

This is a discussion on Concealing Glock 19 within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How the heck do you do it? I have a white hat max tuck IWB holster, but everything I wear prints like a ... well ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Concealing Glock 19

Concealing Glock 19

How the heck do you do it? I have a white hat max tuck IWB holster, but everything I wear prints like a ... well you know. Even my hoody sweater on top prints. I find it very difficult. I'm considering trying to trade it for a smaller gun, or saving up to get a smaller one too (i've heard good things about the Ruger LC9).

2. Remove Ads

I carry a sig p250 compact, not sub compact. Iwb in a holster from old faithful holsters. I print when sitting but not upright. Body type has a lot to do with it. I am 175 lbs at 6foot tall. The sig is pretty close to the glock 19 in size. The LC is a good choice for concealment. Just not my cup of tea.

how long you had the g19? iwb carry takes some time to get use to. you got a great pistol. i dont think a slighty smaller gun will matter for iwb carry. try to adjust your "oclock". do you care that you print, most guys quit caring about that after a while '

To that point I carry at 4 at a forward cant.

Distinguished Member Array matthew03's Avatar
    Are you using a gun belt or a dept. store belt?

Im 5 10 and 185 lbs...my g19 all but disappears aiwb. I carry at 1 o clock. Minimalist string holster. I watch my posture. Works for my body type. Tight tees print but not outrageously. Nobody's ever asked if I was packing.

Quote Originally Posted by paullie View Post
    how long you had the g19? iwb carry takes some time to get use to. you got a great pistol. i dont think a slighty smaller gun will matter for iwb carry. try to adjust your "oclock". do you care that you print, most guys quit caring about that after a while '
    The beauty (and frustration) of your holster is that the numerous adjustable heights/cants. There is a patience to playing with the combinations to find "your" perfect fit. I carry a Springfield XD9 Service (near the same dimensions as the Glock 19), both OWB and IWB at 4:00, no problem (5' 6", 130ish pounds). There definitely was a learning curve to finding the sweet spot for carry of a larger pistol, but I'm stubborn and determined to carry the gun I trust most. Maybe post a pic if you can, I'm sure we can give some suggestions to improve your concealment.

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    IWB is the way to go but if your going to carry full-time you will learn something we have all learned over time. You must dress around your firearm or if any thing get one size larger.
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

Quote Originally Posted by XD 45 View Post
    IWB is the way to go but if your going to carry full-time you will learn something we have all learned over time. You must dress around your firearm or if any thing get one size larger.
    Absolutely. Sub-compact vs. compact makes little difference when carrying IWB. I've found that pants didn't need to be sized up, but a little looser on the shirts make all the difference.

I carry my g19 in a remora #10 behind my left hip (I shoot with my left hand but i am right handed which works out great)
    If you don't know what a remora is look it up, no special belts, you can adjust it however you like and it is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. Best 25 bucks I've ever spent. Also I am 6'2 160 lbs so I'm skin and bones and after you adjust it correctly you can't even tell I am carrying

Quote Originally Posted by MamaMaria View Post
    Absolutely. Sub-compact vs. compact makes little difference when carrying IWB. I've found that pants didn't need to be sized up, but a little looser on the shirts make all the difference.
    I am a female 5' 41/2 and I carry a Glock 17. Pants stayed the same but I do adjust my tops/shirts to accomidate my firearm. A little looser top. I carry in a Kingtuk IWB which is very comfortable. Most tops cover and you would never see it. If you want to carry and not print you have to adjust what you wear.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBadger417 View Post
    I carry my g19 in a remora #10 behind my left hip (I shoot with my left hand but i am right handed which works out great)
    If you don't know what a remora is look it up, no special belts, you can adjust it however you like and it is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. Best 25 bucks I've ever spent. Also I am 6'2 160 lbs so I'm skin and bones and after you adjust it correctly you can't even tell I am carrying
    Yep, I carried in the same until my husband claimed it for himself. My replacement will hopefully arrive shortly. To the OP, the Remora isn't for everyone (either a love it or hate it thing, it seems), but I love it for days when I'm sitting for long periods. It can shift a bit (not to the point of falling or anything) if you're real active, but it is super comfortable, and infinitely adjustable (no clips, but super "sticky").

Quote Originally Posted by cayman_shen View Post
    Im 5 10 and 185 lbs...my g19 all but disappears aiwb. I carry at 1 o clock. ... I watch my posture. Works for my body type. Tight tees print but not outrageously. Nobody's ever asked if I was packing.
    Ditto here, 5"11' and 180 lbs, kydex aiwb and a kydex iwb at 11 o'clock for the spare mag. Works like a charm, and after months of carrying my G19 like this I don't even notice it anymore.

archangel2.jpg archangel5.jpg
    shooterX likes this.

^^ it's just so comfortable! I used to have to take my gun off my hip and lay it on the seat beside me or stick it in the glove box while driving, now I can just move it a little bit and drive with it on my hip. I've heard people say it doesn't stay in place for them but I haven't had any problems. I ran up 2 flights of stairs today and it didn't budge, but like you said, you either love em or hate em

Quote Originally Posted by farmermom View Post
    I am a female 5' 41/2 and I carry a Glock 17. Pants stayed the same but I do adjust my tops/shirts to accomidate my firearm. A little looser top. I carry in a Kingtuk IWB which is very comfortable. Most tops cover and you would never see it. If you want to carry and not print you have to adjust what you wear.
    Forgive me for derailing the thread for a moment, but I think it's great to hear another smaller lady carrying a full size pistol. My first carry was a .380 pocket sized pistol, until I discovered how much better and easier a full size gun is to shoot. Sure, little pistols are cute and comfortable to carry, but knowing I'm carrying 16+1 of 9mm is way more comforting.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links