I guess some people need to learn it the hard way to support CCW.

This is a discussion on I guess some people need to learn it the hard way to support CCW. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know a couple people who aren't exactly anti-gunners, but will NOT support concealed carry. They're totally against it..............of course, until they got robbed and ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By 02R1
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By RoadRunner71
  • 1 Post By GH
  • 2 Post By RightsEroding
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 2 Post By WC145

Thread: I guess some people need to learn it the hard way to support CCW.

I guess some people need to learn it the hard way to support CCW.

I know a couple people who aren't exactly anti-gunners, but will NOT support concealed carry. They're totally against it..............of course, until they got robbed and pushed around like wimps. Now they're signing up for CCW classes and planned on heading to the range regularly.
    Supraman762 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Funny how often it works that way. Deadly violence can be very persuasive.
    Supraman762 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Funny how often it works that way. Deadly violence can be very persuasive.
    Provided one lives long enough to learn from it.

It's too bad they had to learn the hard way, but at least they did learn. Now, wait and see how long this reaction lasts in them. Twice I have observed that once the initial "fear" reaction fades, so does the urge to train and carry.

Hopefully these folks will never have to experience this again. If they ever do, hopefully they will be beter prepared.
    Supraman762 likes this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

GH
    People can sure get a wake up call when it happens to them. Up to that time they'll bend over backwards to prevent anyone else from taking advantage of the God-given & Constitutional right to protect themselves.
    Supraman762 likes this.
    Glenn

USN Submarine & UDT/SEAL Veteran
    1SG, US Army Retired - Airborne Infantry All the Way!
    Special Warfare Mentor
    M&P40, M&P40C

Senior Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    There are many instances where people become "believers" when it strikes close to home.
    Kinda' like the "There are no atheists in foxholes" saying.
    Ksgunner and Supraman762 like this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 02R1 View Post
    I know a couple people who aren't exactly anti-gunners, but will NOT support concealed carry. They're totally against it..............of course, until they got robbed and pushed around like wimps. Now they're signing up for CCW classes and planned on heading to the range regularly.
    But will they follow through with it, or in 6 months will they be back to their head in the sand attitude?
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Experience is a great teacher.
    Supraman762 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Had a long conversation with an elderly gentleman (U.S. Air Force retired) yesterday about guns (as a result of the insane media coverage of the horrid incident in Connecticut). I was surprised when he told me he didn't have a firearm in his house. Stated that he brought a handgun home once, and his wife insisted "there will NOT be any guns in my home!!!". I asked him if his wife was going to defend herself and him when the wolf is at the door. He smiled and said, "I guess".

He lives in rural Mississippi, in what most would call a safe place. Out in the country where we live, people still sometimes leave their doors unlocked, and most everyone is family or friendly neighbors. Operative word being "most". :) I can not understand, and will never understand how people can leave thier personal safety up to chance. Guess it takes all kinds of folks to fill up the freeway.

I'm thinking if I gave him a shotgun for Christmas, he might be able to take it home and tell his wife "It's a gift honey. I can't hurt my friends feelings my not accepting it.". Ya'll be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

until they got robbed and pushed around like wimps.
    They got pushed around like people that had no way of defending themselves. Being unarmed doesn't make you a wimp anymore than carrying a gun makes you a bad ass, a lot of folks would do well to remember that. Thankfully your friends weren't injured and have learned from the experience.
    jlprtr and DaGunny like this.
    “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.”

CJM
    I was buying another handgun at Fred Meyer yesterday when a 70+ year old woman came in wanting to know about how to get her permit to carry concealed. She'd never owned a gun, shot one once. Me and the counter guy talked her into getting some training locally and practicing. I felt sorry for her, I don't like to see people that afraid. The events of Friday has a lot of people freaked out. And rightfully so. I was in Cabela's yesterday and there were at least 100 people or more around the gun counter wanting to buy a gun.

Links