Will they ever take our guns?

This is a discussion on Will they ever take our guns? within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; With all the attention the media gives to the gun and not so much the shooter in today's tragic and heartbreaking stories like the one ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Will they ever take our guns?

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar

With all the attention the media gives to the gun and not so much the shooter in today's tragic and heartbreaking stories like the one this week of the elementary school massacre, do you think the government will eventually outlaw handguns, rifles, guns of any kind? I am asking for honest thoughtful responses. Please, no "....from my cold dead hand" bravado. I have my thoughts but I want to see what my peers have to say on the matter.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

2. Remove Ads

Not mine...just sayin...

Take the ones we own? No i do t think so. But, outlaw handguns and semi-auto rifles. I think that is only a matter of time. People cannot understand the need for these weapons when the media only shows them being used in horrific crimes. Public opinion will turn the tide against the 2nd ammendment
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Honestly, I can see it eventually happening. I see it being done through piece meal legislation. The same way it was done in England. I think it will take longer than it did there, since our constitution gives the right to bear arms, and the SCOTUS has confirmed it. However with a change of the make up of the SCOTUS, that ruling can be reversed or redefined. Hopefully it will not happen in mine, or my children's lifetime.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Me, personally, I don't think they will take our guns, but they may instill stricter regulations when it comes to purchasing a gun. I know, I know...when was the last time a criminal waited the required 7 days to get one.
    Kimberpackn, PatAz, afojc and 2 others like this.

Nope..............

This would not surprise me. I love our country and all who has served but our goverment is is heading for trouble.

As my Dad (a proud Army Veteran) told me when he was alive:

THEY WILL HAVE TO PRY MY GUN OUT OF MY COLD, DEAD HANDS BEFORE THEY WILL TAKE MINE!
    tkruf likes this.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

What kind of person posts a question like that on a forum like this & then tells you what kind of answers are allowed???
    daddysgirl, 40Bob, JoeGun and 2 others like this.

I agree with most opinions that there won't be an outright confiscation. There will likely be new legislation to make it mire difficult for new purchasers and cc applicants to legally reach their goal. They could also go backdoor and make ammo scarce or regulated out of sight.
    Kimberpackn likes this.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Quote Originally Posted by HillyBilly View Post
    What kind of person posts a question like that on a forum like this & then tells you what kind of answers are allowed???
    The kind that wants insightful responses. I already know the answer of "from my cold dead hand". I can agree somewhat with that. What I want to know is what others like me (ccw or not)think on a more intellectual level. I am looking for thinking/thoughtful answers. I have no plans of just throwing my guns in a heap at a government organized gun turn in either.
    mg27 and AZJD1968 like this.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

It will start with a Brady type ban. Then the will confiscate some Models. They will try laws that require you to store hunting weapons at government armory's .
    Step by step the will take them . The next 3 years will be the beginning of them end or firearms. He said he would do it and he will.
    If you think they did not keep records of every gun sold and to who there is no hope for you.
    from LEO on this latest shooting " we will know the entire history of these weapons every detail of them"
    Last edited by Smitty901; December 16th, 2012 at 10:59 AM.
    Kimberpackn and DUSTYNEVADA like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty901 View Post
    It will start with a Brady type band. Then the will confiscate some Models. They will try laws that require you to store hunting weapons at government armory's .
    Step by step the will take them . The next 3 years will be the beginning of them end or firearms. He said he would do it and he will.
    If you think they did not keep records of every gun sold and to who there is no hope for you.
    from LEO on this latest shooting " we will know the entire history of these weapons every detail of them"
    I agree. Thanks Top.

Patrick Henry

We have two types of assclowns in Washington and nothing they do surprises me anymore.
    Kimberpackn, Lnafree and jrclen like this.

Sure there will be laws passed restricting what type of firearm and mag you can purchase. It will have no effect what so ever on what type of firearms and mags criminal have. The pro gun control groups knows that law abiding citizens owning high capacity firearms does nothing to promote their agenda so they want to get them out of our hands. Criminals having high capacity firearms does a lot to promote their agenda so they will only get a slap on the wrist when they break the law.
    Kimberpackn likes this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Democrats, particularly the liberal democrats try to shove some legislation down our throats, as a result of this tragic event. The conservative democrats that know gun control is a loser in their home districts, and most Republicans will not support it. The current resident of our White House will most likely try to effect change using executive orders (improperly I should add).

The NRA and other groups will be targeted as the bad guys in the argument, attempting to sway public opinion. Probably a high capacity magazine ban, maybe another "assault rifle" (hate that term) ban, that will sunset after a number of years like Brady did. These laws will make it harder to obtain the firearms of our choice, should we not already have them. It will serve to drive up the prices on everything, just like it did the last time this foolhardy action was taken.

As to taking away our guns, I don't see that happening. Which law enforcement agency has enough manpower to go door to door seeking those weapons? Which law enforcement agency has officers or agents that would follow those orders? Most of us have weapons that have been bought second hand (or everyone I know anyway) and there are no forms on file with the gun store that ATF&E could use to find them. The end result would be making a large segment of our society into law breakers, because there are just some things that we won't tolerate. Of course some sheeple would load their firearms into their minivans and deliver them to the Sheriffs office because they don't have the spine to stand against non-sensical policy change.

Like many of you, I've on more than one occasion sworn an oath that starts out with "I do solemnly swear or affirm that I will support and defend the constitution of the United States, against all enemies, foreign and domestic". I took that oath faithfully, and solemnly, and I'll continue to do that till my last breath. Ya'll be safe.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links