Did you watch the Sunday talk shows today..Meet the Press, CBS morning news, etc.etc.

This is a discussion on Did you watch the Sunday talk shows today..Meet the Press, CBS morning news, etc.etc. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by xXxplosive The Horse has left the barn on this one.............unfortunately events like this will probably continue untill security is beefed up in ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Did you watch the Sunday talk shows today..Meet the Press, CBS morning news, etc.etc.

Distinguished Member Array dben002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    The Horse has left the barn on this one.............unfortunately events like this will probably continue untill security is beefed up in these unsecure locations.......everything else is Horsefeathers.

Hmmmm....let me see here.....gun control by an administration that placed 2,000 weapons in the hands of Mexican Criminals.....Unique.
    This incident goes beyond any one man's opinion. It's time to put your personal opinion on hold for a while and look at the national view. 20 kids K1 thru K4 gunned down. Any politician not willing to do "SOMETHING" about this will be back in their district looking for work. Washington will be a memory. The public is going to demand this.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    1. The CT guy violated already exisitng Federal law by bring a gun to the school.
    2. The CT guy violated already exisiting state law(s) by bringing a gun to the school.
    3. The CT guy obtained the guns illegally after committing murder and before violating numbers 1 and 2 above.
    4. Who knows how many other Federal and state laws were violated in the commision of this terrible deed?

What law(s) can anyone create that will honestly stop an insane criminal from committing an act like that without infringing upon the rights of the overwhelming vast majority of already law-abiding citizens of this country?

I dare say none.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    1. The CT guy violated already exisitng Federal law by bring a gun to the school.
    2. The CT guy violated already exisiting state law(s) by bringing a gun to the school.
    3. The CT guy obtained the guns illegally after committing murder and before violating numbers 1 and 2 above.
    4. Who knows how many other Federal and state laws were violated in the commision of this terrible deed?

What law(s) can anyone create that will honestly stop an insane criminal from committing an act like that without infringing upon the rights of the overwhelming vast majority of already law-abiding citizens of this country?

I dare say none.
    Correct again...You will never stop it all...but in New York if your caught illegally carrying a loaded gun it's mandatory 3 years in jail, and the NY police (yes profile) high crime area's looking for just this. NYC gun violence is at an all time low due to police activities and NY stricter gun laws plus they don't just hand out CCL's to just everyone. Bloomberg is using these laws and stats as a model. No you will never stop it all....but truth be told....things can be done to prevent to whatever degree these types of incidents and I think this incident may be the force to force such changes.
    There are two types of people who carry concealed weapons...Responsible ones and Irresponsible ones...which are you...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dben002 View Post
    Archer51..... You stated:

"Stricter gun laws.

They don't get much stricter than Chicago, they seem to really work good there

Stricter enforcement of gun laws.

This has been called for by every organization on both sides of the issue. Good luck getting the government to actually do it."

Both are working extremely well in New York.
    Yep, your right. BTW, these are just the ones that made national press since July.

Two dead, 8 wounded in gunfire near NY's Empire State Building | Reuters

Woman Killed, Three Wounded in Clarkson Avenue Shooting - DNAinfo.com New York

Shooting in Brooklyn Leaves 1 Dead and 1 Wounded - NYTimes.com

Suspect Arrested After Shooting Near Yankee Stadium CBS New York

NYC Shootings: 17 Shot On Fourth Of July, Says NYPD

Lone gunman shoots 2 at Bronx motel - New York Daily News

L.A. man fatally shot in head in New York City; gunman sought - latimes.com
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Does not change the fact that under NY current gun laws gun violence is at an all time low........
    Except for a few glaring exceptions, gun violence everywhere in the US is at an all-time low.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Horsefeathers.........I say..........secure these defenseless places with trained LE.....and be done with it.

VIP Member
    Correct again...You will never stop it all...but in New York if your caught illegally carrying a loaded gun it's mandatory 3 years in jail, and the NY police (yes profile) high crime area's looking for just this. NYC gun violence is at an all time low due to police activities and NY stricter gun laws plus they don't just hand out CCL's to just everyone. Bloomberg is using these laws and stats as a model. No you will never stop it all....but truth be told....things can be done to prevent to whatever degree these types of incidents and I think this incident may be the force to force such changes.
    Well, nothing you stated makes sense as applied to the nutcase involved. I'm pretty sure getting caught anywhere illegally carrying a gun is trouble. And stricter NY gun laws are not going to stop the insane. And I don't think anyone has made mention that this guy had a CC permit, which he didn't. so...what's your point? Violate one law, violate 100 laws--it doesn't matter to people like him.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I agree that the Government is going to do "something" (either by law or executive order) to try and assauge the public & media outcry. The most likely candidate (IMHO) is some form of "assault weapon" restriction and/or ban.

P.S.

I'm heading off to a gun show in Raleigh to oggle (and maybe drool) at some of the demon weapons.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    And I don't think anyone has made mention that this guy had a CC permit, which he didn't. so...what's your point?
    - It wouldn't have been possible to get a CT permit since he was only 20.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Well I guess this could go on for decades (as it already has)...there seem to be some who are opposed to anything being done, and some who think nothing is going to be done and that's fine...Stand by your belief's and convictions...I believe something will be done and I will take precautions necessary..but whatever happens don't say I did not tell you so.

Does not change the fact that under NY current gun laws gun violence is at an all time low........
    Gun violence is at an all time low almost everywhere in the USA. Murders are way down EVERYWHERE. Except Chicago...

VIP Member
    Well I guess this could go on for decades (as it already has)...there seem to be some who are opposed to anything being done, and some who think nothing is going to be done and that's fine...Stand by your belief's and convictions...I believe something will be done and I will take precautions necessary..but whatever happens don't say I did not tell you so.
    I agree--something will be done. But like all "gun control" laws, they wil prove useless in a case like this. Some people just cannot grasp the truth that there exists those who simply will not obey the law, and those of who do obey the laws will only suffer more so for it.

It is against all the laws and morality of mankind to commit mass murder--but then you have the like of Hitler, Stalin, and Pol Pot comes along anyhow. Those of that mentality cannot be regulated out of existance, regardless of the scale of their offences.

Yep, no guns in NY, and therefore the criminals are the only ones out on the streets at night WITH guns...stealing, robbing, and raping at will. Works great, eh?
    smolck likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Yep, no guns in NY, and therefore the criminals are the only ones out on the streets at night WITH guns...stealing, robbing, and raping at will. Works great, eh?
    I like to bash NY as much as the next guy, but the fact of the matter is that for several years as a young adult I
    rode the subway system and walked to and from home or school or work at all hours of the night or early to late A.M. My travels usually took 45 minutes to an hour and often included one or two
    transfers between the various lines. I'm still here. And that was before they deployed transit police.
    Nor did I start or stop in the nicer (were there such?) places.

I don't think we need more gun control, but I bet if we paint the barrels pink, insist on wooden stocks decorated
    with rainbows and smiley faces, and generally make the objects as unlike a phallic symbol as possible, there would be
    fewer young male lunatics daydreaming and drooling over guns.

Sometimes its the little things that count. Forget functionality and magazine size. Make 'em look feminizing.

[The ladies get to keep their black rifles and blue steel pistols since apparently even the psychotic amongst them don't engage in mass murder. ]

Above is posted only partially in jest.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links