Did you watch the Sunday talk shows today..Meet the Press, CBS morning news, etc.etc. - Page 3

Did you watch the Sunday talk shows today..Meet the Press, CBS morning news, etc.etc.

This is a discussion on Did you watch the Sunday talk shows today..Meet the Press, CBS morning news, etc.etc. within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As I stated in another thread, blaming guns for the tragedy in CT makes as much sense as blaming cars for drunk driving deaths. You ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Did you watch the Sunday talk shows today..Meet the Press, CBS morning news, etc.etc.

As I stated in another thread, blaming guns for the tragedy in CT makes as much sense as blaming cars for drunk driving deaths. You can't legislate madness, and if you try, you are stupid and naive.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

Distinguished Member Array grouse's Avatar
    This whole thing SUCKS! Just SUCKS!

The Liberal Media blaming inanimate objects for the current rash of extreme mental illness.

The future of gun ownership with a democrat in the Whitehouse and a liberal biased press seems bleak.

Brother & Sisters were in for a fight.

One thing that concerns me about the garbage that we have heard from the media. Please don't flame me for speaking ill of the deceased. But if the murderer indeed had a mental illness, as a responsible gun owner why did the mother allow the son to have access to the weapons when she was not around (ie: him knowing a combination to a safe)? Maybe we will find out more details later but this is just a thought I had. I am in no way blaming her for this tragedy.
    Woman With A Gun

Experience teaches us that it is much easier to prevent an enemy from posting themselves than it is to dislodge them after they have got possession. - George Washington

The guy .... didn't "own" a gun. He stole them from his mother. So, where in the world would more gun control have made a difference. The guy in the shooting in the Oregon mall, stole the guns, and it appears now may have cut short by a conceal carry person ...

And, the one in Connecticut, occurred in one of the more strict gun control states there is ...... so, obviously that didn't do much either.

However, allow teachers to carry, and the whole episode may have been cut short and reduced the number of victims by quite a bit.

My granddaughters HS , has 3 armed SO's. And, her first comment was ...... " I wish they would allow teachers to carry guns so we would be better protected" . She gets it. But these "adults" can't seem to come to the same logical conclusion. Gun Free Zones do NOTHING ..... don't know why that is so difficult for some people to understand... a crazy loon is not going to care about Gun Free Zones nor the law. And, the gun bans in Chicago, DC, etc. have obviously failed dramatically.

The WORSE school killings in the USA ... were in 1927.... and NO guns were used. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bath_School_disaster

The same day as the Conn. school shooting ... a man in China attacked and wounded or killed 22 children and then several teachers, with a knife. These occurrences are happening all over the world, and even in countries like China that have a purely "NO GUNS" at all law. Didn't stop that man.

More laws on law-abiding people, aren't going to accomplish a thing .... other than the agenda ... that the "left" has.

Tweets of anti-gunners : (another forum) :

http://www.ksccw.com/showthread.php?t=44007
    DefConGun likes this.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

JUST FOR CLARIFICATION ..... there is video of them removing the gun OUT OF THE TRUNK of the car ...... and it is NOT an AR by any means .

Link to video : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=wLrxSgkqJQc

# 1 ---- -the kids were NOT shot with an AR ...
    # 2 ...... the "rifle" ... was found by police "IN THE TRUNK OF THE CAR ..........
    # 2 ...... one MD doing autopsies stated, most kids were shot at longer range and not close up .... only a few were shot at close range.

CBS..... is full of it, like normal.... and don't have their facts right, and are following their agenda.... rather than accurate news and reporting.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    JUST FOR CLARIFICATION ..... there is video of them removing the gun OUT OF THE TRUNK of the car ...... and it is NOT an AR by any means .

Link to video : Police Find Rifle In Trunk Of Car In Sandy Hook Parking Lot: Newtown Connecticut School Shooting - YouTube
    This is really interesting. The medical examiner did sound like a tool who was making stuff up from the report I read he was quoted in. I suppose it is possible he had that gun in the trunk and an AR with him, but they keep saying he just had the two handguns with him. They have been playing fast and loose with the facts on this one. I can count at least 5 major mistakes that have been made in reporting, rushing to be the first with the scoop. Rediculous.
    Walk softly ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links