Wanted to say thanks

This is a discussion on Wanted to say thanks within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been a member for a few months now. I wanted to say thanks to all of you for all the things I have ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MamaMaria

Thread: Wanted to say thanks

Wanted to say thanks

I have been a member for a few months now. I wanted to say thanks to all of you for all the things I have learned in that time. When I joined, I was trying to CC a 1911 with a dress belt. I didn't know I needed a better holster and belt. I bought a more compact gun, a few holsters, a gun belt and bigger pants. Now I carry every day and feel naked without it. Plus, with the right gear nobody notices. Also, I have ramped up- and changed my training.

The point is: there are undoubtedly many more like me who may not post a lot, but learn a lot from all the banter on this great forum. To the admins and members, thanks. You may have saved my life in the future.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Glad you found the answers you sought. There's an answer to every carry-related question here, but sometimes it takes a micro-filter to find it. Persistance pays off.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

So true. Conceal carry is so much more than getting a license and a gun. You've found the magic combination for carrying (good belt, good holster, biggest gun you can--even if it's a compact or subcompact). Good to see a fellow Cheesehead here (seems to be quite a few of us here, doesn't it?) taking responsibility and training to be their best.
    archer51 likes this.
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaMaria View Post
    So true. Conceal carry is so much more than getting a license and a gun. You've found the magic combination for carrying (good belt, good holster, biggest gun you can--even if it's a compact or subcompact). Good to see a fellow Cheesehead here (seems to be quite a few of us here, doesn't it?) taking responsibility and training to be their best.
    Getting the gun and license are really a small part of it. Proper rig (belt & holster), clothing, training and mindset all go into successful and effective carry.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Links