Even my minister...

This is a discussion on Even my minister... within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "..........and I've even heard that the gun store downtown has been so busy it is crazy. People are buying guns like never before. Some are ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Even my minister...

Even my minister...

"..........and I've even heard that the gun store downtown has been so busy it is crazy. People are buying guns like never before. Some are worried about their families, and others are worried that they may not be able to get them at all in the future. But we shouldn't be worried. Don't buy a gun. Don't buy something that destroys. Instead, give thanks."

What in God's name happened to the place I grew up in? And why do I feel as though the majority of this country has disappeared, to be replaced by robots who wish to assimilate me into their collective?

I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to talk to anyone or go anywhere. I don't recognize my own country.
    akav8er, kmagnuss and aus71383 like this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by multistage View Post
    "..........and I've even heard that the gun store downtown has been so busy it is crazy. People are buying guns like never before. Some are worried about their families, and others are worried that they may not be able to get them at all in the future. But we shouldn't be worried. Don't buy a gun. Don't buy something that destroys. Instead, give thanks."

What in God's name happened to the place I grew up in? And why do I feel as though the majority of this country has disappeared, to be replaced by robots who wish to assimilate me into their collective?

I'm getting to the point where I don't even want to talk to anyone or go anywhere. I don't recognize my own country.
    I'm right there with you. This isn't the USA that I grew up in, and I don't like this version very much.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

I said almost the same thing to my closest friend on the golf course last Friday. It's like I'm watching a sci-fi movie about my own nation, until I realize...this is no movie & I'm smack in-the-middle of the cliff-hanging climax.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Some are suggesting mental evaluation is the solution to the problem of when people snap and start shooting. To find the killer before he kills through mental evaluation.
    Your beginning to fit the profile of a killer.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I'm right there with you. This isn't the USA that I grew up in, and I don't like this version very much.
    Fortunately you have the freedom to leave and go somewhere you think is better.

Don't buy something that destroys..........?

Whoa! And, unless you're a licensed mental health professional, you're beginning to illegally practice psychiatric medicine. So, who gets to decide who needs an evaluation & who then gets to evaluate the results & what do we do with folks score high yet haven't...committed any crime?
    BurgerBoy and aus71383 like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Only religious finatics............and the Politically Correct.

Interesting thing to bring up during a sermon. I wouldn't sit through a political spin session myself.

As for "getting to the point where you don't want to talk to anyone or go anywhere" - this is not "beginning to fit the profile of a killer". It's simply a person expressing how they feel. If you feel alone in your views, disconnected, disenfranchised, isolated from the people around you - this does not make you a serial killer. It simply makes you the minority. There is nothing wrong with being in the minority. If people don't express their feelings, vent, talk, communicate - this is when issues can arise, or become compounded. There are lots of healthy options available when you feel wronged in a social way like this. Talking about it is usually step 1.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts - and your feelings. It truly is an important part of life.

Austin

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig35seven View Post
    That's your best, most thought-out response? To leave instead of fixing what's wrong and making it better?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Some are suggesting mental evaluation is the solution to the problem of when people snap and start shooting. To find the killer before he kills through mental evaluation.
    Am I, now?

That was a sarcastic remark, right? I mean, of course it was. If you were serious, it would be unlikely to find you on a forum like this, as your statement sounded dangerously like something out of Washington, in that I have a problem, and you are here to tell me about it and how to fix it.

But you were kidding, so it's all good.

Margret Thatcher said "You can tell the worth of a country by comparing the number of people trying to get in against the number of people trying...to get out." PPK didn't say he was ready to leave, or that he preferred another place. He just said things have changed, for him, in a negative direction.

Come to my church! Almost everybody at my church is a gun owner (no exaggeration). Lots of people carry guns; in fact, if you are a guy and unarmed, you are likely in the minority.

I Love my Church Link to a post I just made about that on here.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Sheeple...

Am I, now?

That was a sarcastic remark, right? I mean, of course it was. If you were serious, it would be unlikely to find you on a forum like this, as your statement sounded dangerously like something out of Washington, in that I have a problem, and you are here to tell me about it and how to fix it.

But you were kidding, so it's all good.
    Of course I'm kidding... but it does demonstrate the dangers of profiling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links