I Love my Church

This is a discussion on I Love my Church within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Ksgunner I like that, can I use it too? LOL, my pastor & I were having a gun-related, church defense discussion recently ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: I Love my Church

Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    I like that, can I use it too?
    LOL, my pastor & I were having a gun-related, church defense discussion recently & he (lightheartedly) asked if I would take a bullet for him? I said "Absolutely NOT, because that was clearly...a deacon's job. My job was to take the fight to the bad guy!". He agreed!
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    See, this is what I am talking about... everyone is talking about pulling out a carried gun... this was an unloaded gun that someone had in their vehicle. He retrieved it to give a demonstration. It was pointed in a safe direction the whole time that I was watching. Fingers off the trigger.

His CC weapon remained holstered the whole time.
    You know you could have avoided everyone's apprehension if you would have stated in the OP that this was NOT a carry gun. I have severe reservations about pulling out my loaded carry gun in public as well. Even if done safely. No biggie but just a comment.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Was this perhaps the Church of St. Gabriel Possenti? Maybe it should be.

St. Gabriel Possenti – Patron Saint of Gun Owners « Gun Owners of America
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    ...St. Gabriel Possenti...
    Thanks Para! Now there's a Saint this ol' hardshell Southern Baptist can get behind. You GO GABE!
    daddysgirl likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

If only it were a service caliber I would condone it... (not to say a 380 is bad, I just do not trust them)
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Senior Member Array GeorgiaDawg's Avatar
    I'm glad your church is so understanding and accepting of it. There are a few people at my church who would have a freakout session if I took out an unloaded gun like that and started showing it to others in a public space. Fortunately, most of the people at my church would be fine with it, so I could do something like that in a class room or something.
    "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast." - Ephesians 2:8-9

“The purpose of the law is not to prevent a future offense, but to punish the one actually committed” - Ayn Rand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links