I Love my Church

This is a discussion on I Love my Church within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So we had a church dinner after the service today. Toward the end of the dinner, I look over and see someone with an LCP ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: I Love my Church

I Love my Church

So we had a church dinner after the service today. Toward the end of the dinner, I look over and see someone with an LCP out, and a crowd of people listening to him explaining the merits of the LCP to a woman who is looking for a CC gun. No one even batted an eye... No angry mothers scolding, no children running away in terror, no "holier than thou" gun control comments...

It was very refreshing.

(Before anyone comments on this being unsafe, keep in mind that you weren't there...)
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

2. Remove Ads

That makes me feel better. Hats off to your church.

I trust your judgement and what you saw and how it was done but I think that if one were to do an impromptu display of a firearm, even for good reasons, maybe in a more planned manner would be better so that every one would be informed of why a gun was being displayed.

Sorry about the run on sentence
    357and40 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Before anyone comments on this being unsafe, keep in mind that you weren't there...
    So long as it truly was done safely, I have no problem with such things. (ie, bringing an unloaded/strapped example for show-and-tell; or, heading out to the back range to show the group.)

Refreshing, indeed. Good to see a community having its head screwed on tight with regard to simple preparations and tools that can have a dramatic impact on the lives of our loved ones.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I can understand that good intensions were at heart, but even at local gun club meetings it is a rule to never unholster a weapon. If one were to invite someone to one's home and do an informal viewing of a weapon that has been unloaded and may not be misinterpreted, that would be better. I am not really sure how my church feels about CC. My pastor knows I carry, but I don't know if he understands I ALWAYS carry. Even at church this morning. I would just hate to have someone misinterprate my best intensions and then leave the church because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    So we had a church dinner after the service today. Toward the end of the dinner, I look over and see someone with an LCP out, and a crowd of people listening to him explaining the merits of the LCP to a woman who is looking for a CC gun. No one even batted an eye... No angry mothers scolding, no children running away in terror, no "holier than thou" gun control comments...

It was very refreshing.

(Before anyone comments on this being unsafe, keep in mind that you weren't there...)
    I am pleased that you have a church group of mature people untainted by PC propaganda.

My wife and I went to Barnes & Noble after our church service. We usually chat with a number of other "regulars" there. One mother spontaneously expressed that she felt it was time for her to start moving forward on buying a gun for ccw and getting her concealed handgun permit. I complimented her on her choice and shared that women buying handguns and women getting their permits are among the fastest growing segments in the "gun world." She just listened and did not say anything. But I just wanted to affirm her comment--and I got that done.

I don't condone pulling out your loaded CC gun in a crowd of people,been several stories of ND's already.
    If it was an unloaded firearm that was cleared prior to entering the location that's another story
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Safe gun handling is safe gun handling, regardless of when and where. Perhaps that time, that place, that audience found it appropriate.
    jem102, bigdogtx, jlprtr and 1 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

See, this is what I am talking about... everyone is talking about pulling out a carried gun... this was an unloaded gun that someone had in their vehicle. He retrieved it to give a demonstration. It was pointed in a safe direction the whole time that I was watching. Fingers off the trigger.

His CC weapon remained holstered the whole time.
    jlprtr, BurgerBoy and daddysgirl like this.
    "All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse, and a good wife." - Daniel Boone

Cool

Are you sure it wasn't a Ducks Unlimited meeting or something of that nature? lol

That sounds pretty good to me.

If the weapon was properly unloaded and handled safely, then situation was handled correctly. What a refreshing alternative to the media anti-gun rhetoric of the last few days. I can tell you that there are several gun enthusiasts who belong to my congregation. In fact, I've gone shooting with two of them on two different occasions. Also, we have a retired 3-star general who CC's at church, with my blessing. And just this past weekend two individuals spoke to me about applying for their CCW permit. In fact, my own CCW permit should arrive any day now. It is a sad situation in our society that this is necessary, but at least we have the right to protect ourselves...hopefully we will still have that right by the time Obama leaves office.
    jem102 likes this.

Why don't we celebrate the OP's pride in worshipping with a group of level-headed, clear-minded people...instead of hijacking his thread to make the issue become about how we imagine the situation might be better, uh...managed? Especially in light of his last sentence.

Badey, I LOVE YOUR CHURCH AS WELL! All these wanna-be Range Officers can worship where ever they please.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

In Glock we trust.

I go to a church very similar. They encourage it's members to carry. We went last night and had a short memorial service for those who lost their lives in CT. I am proud to be a member that does want to be involved in the government, after all, our Founding Father's were Christians with guns. Today, we are not the simple, united, one nation under God we once were. Citizens with guns is a GOOD thing!
    EDC: M&P 9*2
    PHIL.4:13

NRA

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Why don't we celebrate the OP's pride in worshipping with a group of level-headed, clear-minded people...instead of hijacking his thread to make the issue become about how we imagine the situation might be better, uh...managed? Especially in light of his last sentence.

Badey, I LOVE YOUR CHURCH AS WELL! All these wanna-be Range Officers can worship where ever they please.
    I like that, can I use it too?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links