Letter I sent to Gov for Bill 59 in Michigan

This is a discussion on Letter I sent to Gov for Bill 59 in Michigan within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Dear Governor Snyder, Please do not let recent events cause you to change your mind on signing the Senate Bill 59, as we have lost ...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By ntkb

Thread: Letter I sent to Gov for Bill 59 in Michigan

Dear Governor Snyder,
    Please do not let recent events cause you to change your mind on signing the Senate Bill 59, as we have lost enough lives over the years because of the foolish notion that criminals will follow laws made to stop them from reeking havoc on an unarmed populace, such as the children that just lost their lives in Connecticut.

The idea believing that we can legislate our way out of this sort of behavior is insanity. We have these false hopes that people intent on doing horrible harm, will not do it just because of some sort of new law. Well, we’ve had laws on the books for a long time against murder, just how is that working?

It’s high time we did something different for a change, by allowing the average guy to shoot back. If this had been the case in the school the other day it could very well have ended differently, just after the school window was shot out by the Active Shooter he could have been stopped by the principal, had he been allowed to use deadly force to protect the lives that were taken that day.

Please sign the bill into law so we can defend against this sort of insanity!
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by ntkb View Post
    It’s high time we did something different for a change, by allowing the average guy to shoot back.
    I personally would not have used shoot back. maybe something like protect ourselves and others against an armed attacker.

Using shoot back just puts images of bullets flying everywhere and possible innocent bystanders at even more risk.

point taken

I took a different route with my elected officials. Instead of telling them they shouldn't let recent events cause them to change their mind, I told them that recent events should spur them to do what works; recognize that dangerous people will always exist, and remove the obstacles that let people defend themselves by the most effective means possible.

New Member Array MyOpinionTC_MI's Avatar

Post Still a complex set of issues aren't solved.

This Bill makes sense because making the guns visible in those free zones had the opposite effect of conceal carry.
    Open carry should be banned in public and especially in gun free zones since many of these areas have innocent people as their primary clients.

Here is a list of unsolved issues related to carrying anyway:
    - Put 200 persons in one place, 12 are armed (concealed carry), someone starts to shoot.
    - 8 pull out their guns but don't see each other because of the crowd.
    - No one carry a badge or something easily identifying them, by the public or the other carrier, as legitimate handgun carrier.
    - None of them has evolved in such a stressful state.
    - The shooter flees away and the only people with handguns are these guys.
    Image the huge amount of event that can happen:
    - Public attack CCW not know who they are since it could be a multiple offender attack.
    - One CCW shoot another one, not knowing.
    - Another CCW tries to shoot but misses and hits a by stander.

The problem is:
    - The lack of training for all these carriers in:
    - Shooting;
    - Shooting under stress ad tunnel vision control;
    - Managing various complex situation involving firearms;
    - The lack of understand, from general public about CPL carrier responsibilities.

This is why, if the real intent is using law habiting citizens to extent somehow the police effort, then we should have access to much better training for the safety of all.
    It is a insult to think we can replace a well trained police officer in such cases.
    With good training we could at list know better what to do and when leaving it to the police.

Yes we shouldn't shoot until it is necessary, still guns are pulled out to be ready and without training this can easily end up in a big mess.

I hear him say on the radio today he was leaning towards a veto.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

I heard he did veto it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yep He Did VETO IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MyOpinionTC_MI View Post
    It is a insult to think we can replace a well trained police officer in such cases.
    I have seen a lot of Cops, and a very small number can shoot, let alone keep up with me and the people I shoot with, and I have heard many times from police, that civilians are most times better at gun handling than cops.

Links