Obama's speech - Page 11

Obama's speech

This is a discussion on Obama's speech within the Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It's bound to happen - Although I have hope that it will be on the lesser side of things. I hear rumors that they would ...

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree373Likes

Thread: Obama's speech

Sponsor
    It's bound to happen - Although I have hope that it will be on the lesser side of things. I hear rumors that they would just try to stop trading and purchasing without going through a background check (basically get rid of the selling of guns at flea markets) and I would be ok with that if that's all he was planning to do.

Who thinks it will get to a point of them taking back our guns?
    Eldon Hickey likes this.
    Firearms For Sale
    Focused on providing the widest selection of firearms and firearm accessories for sale online.

http://www.firearmsforsale.com

Connect with us
    Facebook | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by FirearmsForSale View Post
    It's bound to happen - Although I have hope that it will be on the lesser side of things. I hear rumors that they would just try to stop trading and purchasing without going through a background check (basically get rid of the selling of guns at flea markets) and I would be ok with that if that's all he was planning to do.

If that is all that will take place then I'm also fine with it. I have no issue with background checks and I think they are prudent.

I don't see a situation where they take guns away from people who purchased them legally prior to any laws that may or may not get passed. It's hard to "punish" people for something they did legally.

Perhaps the U.S. should pull out of Chicago ?

Body count: In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago ;

221 killed in Iraq AND Chicago has one of the strictest gun laws in the entire US.

Does THAT tell you anything?????

President:--Barack Hussein Obama

Senator: Dick Durbin

House Representative: Jesse Jackson Jr.

Governor: Pat Quinn

House leader: Mike Madigan

Atty. Gen.: Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike)

Mayor: Rahm Emanuel

The leadership in Illinois - all Democrats.

Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago .

Of course, they're all blaming each other.

Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!

Chicago school system rated one of the worst in the country.

State pension fund $78 Billion in
    debt, worst in country.

Cook County ( Chicago ) sales tax 10.25% highest in country.

(Look 'em up if you want).

This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois .

And...... he was gonna 'fix' Washington politics for us???

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogien View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you necessarily about your personally. Thought you are incorrect about the Constitution being paradoxical as it is a document which our forefathers left the interpretation of to the Supreme Court. The problem is that this evil person was able to easily access firearms. Perhaps this particular case would have happened no matter what but what about many of the other killings? What about Colorado? You're absolutely right that the gun itself is not a problem in and of itself, it's the ease with which people, who shouldn't have that firearm, are able to obtain them not to mention the fact that the weapons they are acquiring were designed for maximum carnage. A weapon that is very close to military grade and the military needs weapons that cause maximum carnage to ensure we are victorious in past and future conflicts where our people are at risk.
    He killed someone to get the weapon so that he could go kill more people. He did not use an AR to commit his crimes. He wanted to kill people and he probably didn't care what instrument he used.

An AR15 is a rifle that is "dressed up" to look like something it is not. These guns are designed to look like military grade weapons. But non of that makes any difference.

We don't have a gun problem.

We have a problem with evil people who do evil things.

Evil people will always be able to get their hands on weapons (guns, bombs, grenades, clubs, knives, molotov cocktails, box cutters, planes, rock, etc.)

If you disarm Law Abiding Citizens, the only ones who will be armed are the Evil people.

Everyone needs to understand that they need to be responsible for their own protection at all times.

Stop looking to and expecting your government to protect you from evil.

Stop trying to limit my ability to protect my life by denying me access to certain Arms.

And stop trying to infringe upon my right to protect my life and the lives of my family.

So to use your argument, "The Supreme Court has made clear time and time again that your rights are to be protected in so far as they do not infringe on the rights of others". You sir, are infringing upon my right to defend my life by all means possible.
    atctimmy likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by hdman97 View Post
    Perhaps the U.S. should pull out of Chicago ?
    Body count: In the last six months 292 killed (murdered) in Chicago ;
    221 killed in Iraq AND Chicago has one of the strictest gun laws in the entire US.
    Does THAT tell you anything?????
    President:--Barack Hussein Obama
    Senator: Dick Durbin
    House Representative: Jesse Jackson Jr.
    Governor: Pat Quinn
    House leader: Mike Madigan
    Atty. Gen.: Lisa Madigan (daughter of Mike)
    Mayor: Rahm Emanuel
    The leadership in Illinois - all Democrats.
    Thank you for the combat zone in Chicago .
    Of course, they're all blaming each other.
    Can't blame Republicans; there aren't any!
    Chicago school system rated one of the worst in the country.
    State pension fund $78 Billion in
    debt, worst in country.
    Cook County ( Chicago ) sales tax 10.25% highest in country.
    (Look 'em up if you want).
    This is the political culture that Obama comes from in Illinois .
    And...... he was gonna 'fix' Washington politics for us???
    I support your rights to say whatever you wish to say. Nevertheless, this is just rhetoric and not helpful in the least as all it does is inflame already frayed tempers.

What do you think we could do to help stem some of these mass shootings?
    Eldon Hickey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Look, she made two thing clear in her statements-- "going forward," and a list of more than 900 weapons which would
    be exempted from the restrictions she will propose (whatever those are). That doesn't sound draconian to me.

I'll know more about how I feel about the proposal when I see the actual list. It will all depend on whether my ox is getting gored or someone else's ox is being gored. :)
    This is exactly how they continue to eat away at our rights..."oh,not my problem. I don't shoot a semi-automatic, or own an AR or..." It's all of our oxes getting gored over time...don't you get it?!?

Quote Originally Posted by FirearmsForSale View Post

I do...they tried with LBJ, and they will continue to keep trying until they ban ALL sales of guns. Think it can't happen?? It did here...

Watch What Happens When a Nation Bans Guns
    aworldexport likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    He killed someone to get the weapon so that he could go kill more people. He did not use an AR to commit his crimes. He wanted to kill people and he probably didn't care what instrument he used.

An AR15 is a rifle that is "dressed up" to look like something it is not. These guns are designed to look like military grade weapons. But non of that makes any difference.

We don't have a gun problem.

We have a problem with evil people who do evil things.

Evil people will always be able to get their hands on weapons (guns, bombs, grenades, clubs, knives, molotov cocktails, box cutters, planes, rock, etc.)

If you disarm Law Abiding Citizens, the only ones who will be armed are the Evil people.

Everyone needs to understand that they need to be responsible for their own protection at all times.

Stop looking to and expecting your government to protect you from evil.

Stop trying to limit my ability to protect my life by denying me access to certain Arms.

And stop trying to infringe upon my right to protect my life and the lives of my family.

So to use your argument, "The Supreme Court has made clear time and time again that your rights are to be protected in so far as they do not infringe on the rights of others". You sir, are infringing upon my right to defend my life by all means possible.
    Actually I'm only exercising my freedom of speech and haven't infringed anything. Oh, freedom of speech is not absolute either just like the 2A is not absolute. Just FYI.

I support your rights to say whatever you wish to say. Nevertheless, this is just rhetoric and not helpful in the least as all it does is inflame already frayed tempers.

What do you think we could do to help stem some of these mass shootings?
    IMO, it's proving the point that gun control doesn't work. As far as stemming mass shootings, I'm all for everyone legally able/responsible/ desiring to, carrying a CCW anywhere. Mass shooters want victims, not people shooting back.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

From Washington Post: "WASHINGTON — Prominent gun-rights advocates in Congress are now calling for a national discussion about restrictions to curb gun violence, signaling that the horrific shooting at a Connecticut elementary school could be a tipping point in a debate that has been dormant for years.

“Everything should be on the table,” West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin declared Monday. He is a conservative Democrat, avid hunter and lifelong member of the National Rifle Association. Republican Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa proposed a debate not just about guns but also about mental issues."

This is the reason I keep trying to get you guys to come up with a solution before a solution is imposed on us. We MUST be the source of the solution from our end or we're going to get hosed.

Washington Post: Gun control gets unlikely backers in Congress;
    Eldon Hickey likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    All the bans and restrictions won't solve a thing. Those only apply to law abiding people. The criminals and crazies won't pay them any heed.
    You said it all, the law abiding people with FOID cards and conceal carry permits that do everything the legal way are not the ones that are committing these horrific acts................

VIP Member
    Actually I'm only exercising my freedom of speech and haven't infringed anything. Oh, freedom of speech is not absolute either just like the 2A is not absolute. Just FYI.
    You are right. You're not infringing yet. What you are proposing would infringe upon my right to defend my life by all means possible.

I will stand infront of you to defend your right to free speech and any other right.

Will you stand in front of me to defend my right to keep and bear Arms? No, you will not! That is the difference between you and I. You want me to relinquish all or part of my right to keep and bear Arms because you wrongly believe that doing so will prevent evil people from doing evil things.

The Right to keep and bear Arm Shall Not Be Infringed. What don't you understand about "Shall not be infringed"?

Guns are Arms
    AR15 is an Arm
    Extended magazines are Arms
    Knives, sticks, bats, swords, etc. are Arms

Even a slight infringement, which is what your are proposing, is an infringement.

What you are proposing is Anti-2A which means you are Anti-2A. Sorry if the truth hurts and sorry if you are unable or unwilling to accept the truth.
    Last edited by 1MoreGoodGuy; December 17th, 2012 at 09:54 PM.
    Wolf357, atctimmy, Bark'n and 1 others like this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Can't reply much and stay within forum rules
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreGoodGuy View Post
    You are right. You're not infringing yet. What you are proposing would infringe upon my right to defend my life by all means possible.

I will stand infront of you to defend your right to free speech and any other right.

Will you stand in front of me to defend my right to keep and bear Arms? No, you will not! That is the difference between you and I. You want me to relinquish all or part of my right to keep and bear Arms because you wrongly believe that doing so will prevent evil people from doing evil things.

The Right to keep and bear Arm Shall Not Be Infringed. What don't you understand about "Shall not be infringed"?

Guns are Arms
    AR15 is an Arm
    Extended magazines are Arm
    Knives, sticks, bats, swords, etc. are Arms

Even a slight infringement, which is what your are proposing, is an infringement.

What you are proposing is Anti-2A which means you are Anti-2A. Sorry if the truth hurts and sorry if you are unable or unwilling to accept the truth.
    My friend, I will do everything in my power to protect your rights and the rights of every American. I'm trying to protect your rights by finding the "pill" that is least "bitter" before it is chosen for us. I don't want to swallow the bitter pill but we are in a position to decide which medicine we end up taking but before too long it will be out of our hands and the medicine will be poured down our throats. This scares me.
    Eldon Hickey likes this.

I would have more respect for those calling for gun control, if they didn't have armed bodyguards. Just saying
    1MoreGoodGuy, BugDude and Bark'n like this.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links